Friday, December 14, 2018

BUSY BAKING RAINY FRIDAY

A light rain is falling this morning at 37 degrees and it feels really cold with all the snow still hanging around. Now where the snow has melted there is s deep slick mud so I am still calculating every step I take. This is a pic from the camera this morning showing very little melting still and lots of fog today.
Schools are closed again today.Daughter doesn't feel well this morning so she is taking the day off and keeping IR until after lunch when she has to go coach a ball game at Tuscola.
D-in-love is going to work late so she is taking RL to pre-school and then dropping g-son by here on her way to work.
We got chores done and then had breakfast. I carried all my baking supplies to the kitchen to get ready to start my baking after lunch.
We are picking RL up from pre-school and then taking her and g-son out to lunch at her favorite place.
I don't thing she is worried one bit about Santa Clause watching her.

We came home and I got my baking started. I baked 12 more caramel cakes to go with the 6 I baked last night , 3 chocolate, 5 pound cakes, 1 blackberry wine and 1 pan of brownies.
I have the one large 12 caramel cake order to fill tomorrow. I stayed on my feet in the kitchen all afternoon. Since the upper oven started shutting down in Confection mode I use it in regular bake mode for my pound cakes and it takes about 15 minutes longer to get them baked.
IR came about 1:30 and both her and RL had about an hour long crying fest before they both settled down with hubbie and g-son to play.
At 3:00 hubbie put up a gate across the kitchen door trapping both the girls in the kitchen with me while he took g-son to wrestling practice.
The girls acted like they didn't mind staying in the kitchen and I don't think they ever realized there was a gate across the door until hubbie got home !!
I was still baking when #1 son came to pick up RL. He stayed and played with RL and IR while hubbie got his chores done and I got my last cakes out of the ovens.
He went home when hubbie got back inside and I went out to get my chores done. It is raining pretty hard now so maybe the snow will do some melting tonight.
It has melted pretty good with the light rain all day today. The chickens acted like they sure do like having a bigger snow free area.
This is the camera pic from when #1 son was here this afternoon.

When I got back inside I took about a 30 minute break and watched the news then got my icing started. With 18 caramel and 3 chocolate cakes to get iced tonight it is going to be a long night.
Son-in-love picked up a sleepy IR and headed home with her. Daughter's teams both lost tonight.
Hubbie made the boxes for the order and helped get cakes in them and helped me get the racks all filled with cakes before we headed to bed about 11:00.
Whew , my back muscles are screaming tonight and the heating pad sure felt good to relax those painful muscles.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season, Jesus Christ.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: