Friday, December 21, 2018

FLOODED FRIDAY BAKING DAY

Got to sleep in for a little while this morning and woke up to IR staring down at me. Daughter has an appointment this morning at 10:00 across town so she brought IR by while she went to that.
I got chores done and then sat down at the computer to finish my calendar gifts , I know they won't make it by Christmas but if I don't get them done they won't make it by New Years.
I have a feeling there is going to be many disappointed folks this Christmas who are waiting on packages through the mail because the guy said in the post office that  a lot of flights  have been canceled because of this rain and snow storm that has moved across the country and if the planes don't fly the mail doesn't move.
There is over 3 inches of rain in our gauge this morning and it is still raining hard.
Daughter came after IR to get home and get her baking started and I had a light lunch and then baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound, and a pan of brownies.
I finished just before chore time and had a cup of green tea before heading out to get chores done.
The rain has ended with a whopping 3.4 inches in the gauge leaving the bottoms flooded badly.

Mary and Joseph have seen all kinds of weather this year since they have been out here.
By the time I finished chores the clouds had lifted enough for this beautiful sunset.
 I came back inside and spent what is hopefully the last late night in the kitchen for a while icing all the caramel and chocolate cakes and getting everything packed up for market.
Today is the winter solstice and the shortest day of the year .
I am looking forward to longer days and more daylight in the coming days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the Reason for this Season.
God Bless, Merry Christmas and Good Night.




No comments: