Friday, September 4, 2009

APPLE FESTIVAL VISIT AFTER VERY BUSY BAKING DAY

Started off a busy day with phone calls of cake orders this morning.After a bowl of cereal and cup of hot green tea I started baking,5 granny pound, 1 7-up pound, 1 lemon pound, 1 chocolate pound, 1 blackberry wine cake, 18 caramel, 4 chocolate, 2 coconut cakes.While my last cakes were in the ovens I iced 12 of the caramels ,wrapped and labeled them.I finished all this about 2:30,whew!!!
I did some paperwork that had to be done today and then went to the garden to cut basil to sell tomorrow.Hubbie came home and started mowing the lawn.I sat down to watch the news and daughter came in wanting me to go to the Apple Festival with her for a little while.Friday night is a good time to go,it is cool and not so crowded.I told hubbie I would be back at 8:00 and we would go clean church but we saw so many people we knew and stopped to talk so many times ,we also shopped at some of the booths,I bought a couple of Christmas presents and I didn't get home until 8:45, so we will wait until tomorrow to clean church. I haven't gotten to do much with daughter in a while because of her work hours so maybe we can do more things together now with her new job,that will be so nice, after all I consider her and my d-in-love my best friends.Maybe this Christmas season we will get to go shopping like we always used to do,I'll look forward to that.I iced 6 more caramel cakes, 4 chocolate and 2 coconut cakes and wrapped and loaded all in the van tonight except the coconuts as they have to stay in the fridg.D-in-love is making apple/walnut cakes and will bring them in the morning.We're getting up an hour earlier so we can beat the crowds to get set up.This will be the busiest day for a while.
Well it is 12:30 ,my legs,back and feet hurt and my eyelids are very heavy,it is time for a rest,no time for a wildflower lesson tonight. Thanking God for giving me the strength to get everything done today and mix in some fun as well,God is great.Good Night.

No comments: