Thursday, June 9, 2011


Another not so restful night last night as I worried about son's surgery. I feel a little attle brained this morning.
Add to that the normal high temperature for the day,78 is already the reading on the van thermometer on the way to market at 9:00 this morning and this day is not starting out so good.
I actually had a decent day at market and got some new neighbors. A couple who make candy and bread are moving to the 2 tables near the door .Daughter had asked for them but I didn't think they would give them to her as she hasn't been coming regularly.
The candy makers are very nice and I'm sure we will get along fine.
As I was loading the van after market thunder was beginning and as I looked toward our house the skies were very dark with streaking lightening.
I had some errands in town I had to do so I was hopeful that my open sunroom windows would be okay.
Just as I got to my second stop Hubbie called and said he had ran by the house and shut the windows. It had already blown in some but he dried all the water up.
D-in-love was home during the entire storm and she said it hailed for about 10 minutes really hard about pea size but there was not a lot of damage.
The rains finally caught up with me and traffic slowed to a crawl in the blinding rain.
As I drove farther out of town the rain moved on and I only got wet once,but then I froze to death in Walmart's air conditioning with a wet shirt.
I got home around 4:00 and unloaded before Hubbie got here. We grabbed a quick supper and headed up to church to clean before the contemporary church music practice began. One man was there setting up their instruments but we finished begore anyone else got there.
The skies grew dark again and the thunder sounded pretty close but we didn't have any more rain. There was 1 3/10 of rain in the rain gauge and the temperature dropped into the low 70's for a very nice evening.
#1 son called and said the doctor called and rescheduled his surgery again, postponing it from 9 am to 1pm tomorrow considering the special plate arrives in time to get it sterilized by then.
I am so tired tonight and looking forward to a good night's sleep. I think I have successfully put son in God's hand and will be able to rest in comfort tonight.
Good Night and God Bless.


Peggy said...

Keeping your son in my prayers. We got rain today too.... it was such a blessing!

Ardith said...

You are busy as usual! Hope all goes well with your son. I love the new picture heading on your blog! Helps to cool us down in this extremely hot weather. Take care.

Gail said...

So glad you got rain...hope it cools the temps down some for you.