Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BUSY DAY OF FLOORING WORK

RAIN !! RAIN !!! What a nice sound to wake up to !!
Not so nice to do chores in as just as I started feeding the chickens a down pour started and I got drenched. The hens wouldn't even come out of their houses.
Back inside and dried off I had breakfast and iced 6 caramel cakes. Then a man called to come after some of the silkies I have advertised. He took 3 so that reduces my flock some but I need to sell at least 2 more silkies and some bigger roosters.
The bigger breed roosters may go in the freezer before long.
Hubbie got off work 1/2 day today so he and I could see how the floor at daughter's is going to go down. So right after lunch we headed over there. Housework went by the wayside today but hubbie promised to help me catch it up.
As I expected these single boards went down very slowly and we didn't do it correctly for the first few rows, but that's why we started in her bedroom instead of the living room where everyone will see it.
The carpet guys came around 2:30 and it only took them about an hour to do the 2 extra bedrooms. They saw what we were doing and shook their heads as they said they were glad we were doing that floor.
I took a couple pictures with my phone but they didn't turn out so I'll make pics later.
Daughter got there after work and with the 3 of us working we almost got the entire master bedroom done and it does look really good. She loves her choice of laminate and carpet so far.
I left before them and came home to do the chores before it got dark. The sun was trying to peek through this evening just before dark. But the brief clearing lost out to more rain shortly after darkness came.
Daughter went by Subway and brought us sandwiches for supper. I was definitely hungry after a long day of working. Hubbie has pulled a muscle in his lower back and took a pain pill when he got home before he ate and it almost made him really sick. He had to lay really still in bed for a while even after he ate his supper.
Daughter baked while I did weekly paperwork and bagged my Avon orders.
I iced 6 more caramel cakes when she finished.
As I sit here typing I here the rain getting pretty hard again. We had 1 1/2 inches in the gauge from earlier today.
Looks like fall weather for the beginning of fall this year.
But there is Ms. Ophelia to watch out for next week ,although they are already predicting it is going to turn up and miss us.
Let's pray they are right !!

I am tired tonight and know I will have some sore muscles in the morning,it is almost midnight and I am definitely ready to call it a day.
Grateful for the strength the Lord gives me everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Gail said...

The things you accomplish in just one day amazes me!

NCmountainwoman said...

I love stories about your chickens. If you can't sell them, they go into the freezer. Either way you win.