Sunday, September 25, 2011

NURSERY DUTY SUNDAY

Woke to a pouring rain again this morning. Where did this come from?
We got another 1/2 inch in about 30 minutes making chore time a bit muddy.
We had nursery duty at church this morning, along with another couple we took care of 9 little ones under the age of 2,whew !!
I had it pretty easy,one of the littlest ones went to sleep in my arms and I sat and held her because with the toys and cookies flying around from the others there was no place to put her down.
After church lunch was pork roast ,fresh green beans,corn on the cob,mashed potatoes and yeast rolls with sweet tea and fresh peach cobbler for dessert,yummmmyyyy !!!
D-in-love was the only missing person today as she was working at her mom and dad's restaurant.
After lunch a couple came after a silkie rooster that I had for sale and then we all went over to daughter's to try and figure the flooring pattern out going through one of the foyers coming out of her bedroom and going into the dining room. It really took a long time to get it figured out but it is done. My job was mostly playing with g-son so I don't have anymore soreness tonight.As the rain clouds gathered back around she decided she had better mow her grass so after #1 son,#2 son and I all left hubbie stayed to help her finish that job. This week will be a busy week with both hubbie and #2 son taking time off from work to work in her house.
D-in-love is repainting her house also and g-son has chosen construction orange for the color of his room !!! We'll see how that turns out !!!
It was almost dark when we got home tonight and after hurrying through chores I had a piece of cobbler for supper and relaxed for the evening.
These are some pictures from the local media that caught my attention and just scream fall is here.
Love this pic !!
The only thing hubbie ever rolled up in a hay roll was a rattlesnake, thankfully by the time we found it it was dead.
It is hard to believe that tomorrow starts the last week in another month that has flown by.
Lord help me be a living expression of your kindness.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

We had your rain last night. Very unexpected but enjoyed listening to it as I was all settled in for the evening. Love your fall photos, especially the tractor at the corn field. Have a blessed week!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I'm back after a few weeks off from blogging. Hope you are doing okay. I have missed all of my blogging friends --but needed that break!

Hope all of you are doing fine. Hope you are feeling better. I know your daughter is getting excited about her new home.

Hugs,
Betsy