Tuesday, September 27, 2011

NEW TIRES, PART OF A BUSY TUESDAY

Today is going to be a very busy day for me. Stating out with early chores in the dense fog this morning.I'm sure glad I don't have to drive anywhere this morning !! After the 1/4 inch of rain we got last night it is really soupy this morning.
Hubbie has already gone over to daughter's house to begin his day of work over there. He will be on his own today as I have a full day here.
After breakfast I started laundry and then iced 6 caramel cakes. I did housework for most of the morning between laundry loads.
I hung out a load of towels for Mother Nature to help dry, feels good outside this week as this is the first time in a couple weeks I've had a nice sunny laundry day.
Time to change the placemats from the apples of September to the leaves and pumpkins of October.Kitchen table greetings.


Sun room table decorated for October.
With my 4-legged friends napping on the furniture and g-son eating in the living room regularly I keep covers on my furniture so it's fun to make them seasonal also.
I've found over the years it is much easier to throw these covers in the washer than it is to try to clean the upholstery on the furniture. It's also cheaper than buying new furniture when you get tired of looking at the same old couch and chairs !!!

Mid afternoon I suspended my cleaning to go to the tire shop to have new tires put on my van. My front tires won't pass inspection and I want to get new ones while my business is still good at market.
They only took about 30 minutes to get the new ones on and then I had to meet hubbie for an appointment at the bank.
By the time we finished it was after 5:00, hubbie went to Subway to pick up their $5 special this month and I came straight home to do the evening chores.
We ate and then worked on my big hen lot gate,putting a piece of lattice higher on it so one of my hens will stop flying over it. Her luck will run out one day when something else finds her before I do.
I came inside and iced 6 more caramel cakes while I did some extra loads of laundry.Have you ever hung out laundry at night because you won't have time to get it out in the morning ??? I HAVE !!!!!
My job tomorrow will be to lay out daughter's flooring while #2 son puts it down and hubbie runs the saw.
#2 son said his legs were very sore from Sunday's work and it was because he got up and down so much. If I lay it out he can stay down and I can stay up and neither of us will get sore hopefully !!!
Proud tonight to say I got everything on my busy to do list done today except the dusting, whew !!! And you know what they say about dust, it can wait !!!
Thankful tonight for the health and energy God gave me today.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful day, Marilyn... It's fun when our days go according to the schedule we intend them to go... Rare though... ha ha

We had a great day too.. The weather is just awesome here. We went over to the state park to walk --and get some great Fall pictures across the lake.. I'll blog about it next week...

Have a great Wed.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

What a wonderfully full successful day...I enjoy those kind, such a feeling of accomplishment.

I also agree with throw covers for the furniture, much easier.

I love those quilts on the clothes line!

Check Insurance said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful day, Marilyn.