Saturday, September 17, 2011

SLOW MARKET DAY, OLD CAR SHOW AND LAZY EVENING

Not so busy market day today. The cooler weather has taken it's tole on customers. It was 48 degrees this morning at early chore time.
Daughter and Hubbie left to pick up more paint samples and buy some already decided on paint. Daughter brought back a greek salad and a hotdog for our lunch,then she headed on to her house to help hubbie paint.
I sold out of caramel cakes and could have sold several more, but after all the late orders yesterday there wasn't time to make more.
Unfortunately the folks who came after sold out caramel didn't buy anything else so we had several left overs.
I walked up town after market where they had the street blocked off for a car show.This black truck had such a shine.
You realize your age when cars like you drove when you were just starting out are now relics in car shows!!!!
And I certainly haven't been married long enough for the first truck Hubbie bought after we were married to now be a relic in an antique car show,no way !!!!!!

I made a stop at Big Lots to look for some fall decorations for my market table since next Saturday is old timey day.
Today turned out to be a really pretty day after a cloudy start,although the temperature high was 64 even with the clear skies.This is my view as I turn onto the road that leads to my farm.

I made it home around 4:00,unloaded everything and had a hot cup of coffee while me and my 4-legged kids sat in the sunroom and had a nice quite rest.
I did the evening chores and sat out in the outside patio to watch the sunset through the returning dark clouds.
Hubbie came in from painting about 7:00 and daughter had gone to a pet sitting job.
With the cool night temperatures coming fast we soon went inside to have a piece of coconut cake and more hot coffee.
Tonight feels like the welcome late fall and winter nights when I just snuggle down on the couch and relax.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS DAD BY DAY
AND ALL YOUR CARES WILL FLY AWAY

Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Oh how I miss those beautiful mountains you get to enjoy viewing from your patio! Hope your Sunday is relaxing and flooded with blessings.