Tuesday, March 6, 2012

22 DEGREE MORNING MAY DOOM SOME OF OUR BLOOMING FRUIT TREES

A beautiful morning today may masked the damage done by the 22 degree temperature earlier. As I finished chores and breakfast and took a short walk checking out all the blooms around the farm. The plum trees are still really pretty but I have an idea in the coming days those blooms will slowly start to fall to the ground taking with them the hope of any fruit this year.
I started a load of laundry and then went to pick up g-son. Already warned by d-in-love that he was having a bad day because she missed the alarm this morning and he went in late. I picked him up in tears and he couldn't tell me or the teachers why.
On the drive home I let him stew in his own misery and by the time we got home his mood had lifted.
He was hungry and had mac and cheese for lunch.
He settled in for a nice afternoon inside as it is a little too chilly outside with a windy 53 degrees.
I finished laundry and housework between getting him different things to eat and answering his questions and helping him find toys that he remembers he has that are buried in the bottom of his toybox.
We also took time to tend to the new chicks which are still downstairs in their warm box.


He still thinks they are the softest things he's ever felt. He was very careful in petting them and didn't want to pick them up but just to touch their soft  fuzzy little backs and let them peck some feed from his hand.

His dad picked him up just as I went out to do the evening chores. It is going to be another cold mid 20's night again tonight so everything got a little extra attention and food.
After chores I relaxed and watched birds for a little while as they  usually have a feeding frenzy at this time of day.
I like this photo as I caught one of the sparrows in flight underneath the feeder looking for a place to land.

Mrs. Cardinal might be casing out this tree for a nesting site.

After a salad supper I did exercise and then worked on my blog book until the  booksmart program froze up and I got a black screen. I e-mailed support and hopefully turning my computer off  and then back on will unfreeze it and my book will be back as it was.

Thanking God tonight for the blessings of today and for the amazing grace He shows me each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: