Saturday, March 31, 2012

HOUSEWARMING PARTY FOR DAUGHTER

Sitting here at market I decided to catch up on my blog reading. Today has been busier than the last couple Saturdays but that isn't saying a whole lot !
I got all my Easter decorations finished.


I made this Easter egg wall hanging several years ago,it didn't sell but I decided to make the coordinating egg pillows and use it for decoration.


This hand made rabbit pair I picked up at a thrift shop to add to the decorations.


And of course these are the Easter bonnets I have been making on display.


I chuckled as my thoughts went back to what my daddy said when I was a little girl. He refused to go to church on Easter because of all the big hats the women wore for Easter. One year he attended a funeral around that time and I remember him saying it looked like a flower garden in the church.
I guess the big Easter decorated hats are a thing of the past, maybe thats a good thing but as a small girl I can remember marveling at the showy head coverings each year.
After market I picked up an order of greek salad for 20 people to take over to daughter's for our housewarming family party tonight.
They make the best greek salad I have ever tasted.
When our family gets together for what ever reason there is always plenty of good food.
The smoked Boston Butts that Hubbie smoked yesterday where wonderful along with a crock pot full of really good baked beans, homemade slaw, bread, chips and dip and coconut cake for dessert,mmmmm !!
Filling of the plates !!!
The front porch was a favorite dining spot as the sun went down.
After a brief rain shower around 6 the clouds slowly cleared , providing us with a beautiful evening of food and family fellowship.
These 3 little cousin sure had a fabulous time tonight.
It was almost 10:00 when we finally called it a night and headed home,whew !!
Everyone said they are looking forward to our next get-together,we enjoy each other so much when we do this sis-in-law and I are trying to plan  something at least every 3 months. Her turn next (she has a pool) HAHA !
Haven't done chores by flashlight in a long time but I hadn't forgotten how !!
After last night's 1/2 inch of rain,which we were very thankful for, it has been a nice day with only that one passing shower this evening.  March 2012 came in like a lamb and it went out today like a lamb. A look back at this month is full of first in weather there were some strange things going on here as well as around the country. Here we had snow flurries at the beginning of the month, then tornado warnings on several days with severe storms caused by summer like temperatures for most of the rest of the month. In Hawaii they had record sized hail stones,over 4" ,Oregon had record snowfall, there were over 6000 daily record highs broken between March 1-22 in the country,  Canada had 80 degree temperatures in March !!??, upper Michigan and Minnesota had tornadoes this month. After reading about all this I feel we were some of the lucky ones. With 2 birthdays, hatching chicks, early garden plantings,sewing market crafts, taking care of g-son and just doing my regular things it has been a busy month as well as a blessed one.
Grateful to God for my family and His love most of all tonight.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'M BLESSED!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Looks like a great party at your daughter's new home --with lots of good food and fun fellowship together...

I remember wearing the big hats for Easter. I always wore white gloves and a flower and had a new dress and patent leather shoes... So snazzy!!!!

Yes, March is a month we'll remember for many years... For us, it was the nicest March overall that I can remember EVER.

Love your Easter goodies... Hope you sell alot of them.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your
website is wonderful, as well as the content!
Here is my site - contractor in Orlando fl