Friday, March 2, 2012

THE COLOR PURPLE AND DEADLY STORMS HIT OUR AREA TONIGHT

It was a cloudy warm morning,perfect for taking a long walk after chore time. As I walked and looked around at all the color already appearing I noticed most of the early blooms were shades of purple.
I don't know the names of some of these but here is  all the different purple blooms I saw this morning.
These looked more purple than they showed in this photo.

Don't know what either of these are called but the small dainty blooms are very pretty.

This wood Hyacinth is peeking through the grass.

Periwinkle blooms cover the bank on our drive way.

I believe these are called Confederate Violets.

These aren't wild but they sure are a pretty purple and they smell, oh so good !!

Also not wild and totally out of season are these Rosemary light purple blossoms.

As I finished my walk and came inside I realized that just by chance my March furniture covers and decorations also have a purple theme !!

Bernie relaxes on an old quilt I made for daughter years ago with purple cats on it.


I guess purple is the color of the month at least for now !

I picked up g-son from pre-school and came home for lunch. The skies are still cloud filled but so far the severe weather hasn't gotten here yet.
I baked cakes after lunch and then g-son and I worked in his activity books.
His mom came early to pick him up so they could go to see a movie this evening.
I worked on my blog book for a while then did chores early as to beat the rain that is coming.
After chores and supper I iced 6 caramel, 2 chocolate and 2 coconut cakes before the severe storms hit our area.
We are under a tornado watch and the storms are lining up and we seem to be in the bullseye of most of them.

Yes, one of those red boxes is directly on top of us.
Hubbie called #1 son who's family lives in a mobile home to make him aware of the warning and ask if they wanted to come to our house for the night.
Before they could make up their minds the cooler air over us seemed to weaken the storms as we watched the radar on the TV news show. So they stayed home.
Originally the warning was to expire at midnight but now has been extended until 5 am, uhhhh .
There have been tornadoes spotted in the far western counties of N.C. with reports of damage and people trapped in their homes. Also hail has pounded some areas with ping pong ball size stones and thunder and lightening has abounded.
So far all we have gotten here is the hard rain with thunder and lightening that lights up the entire sky with each flash.
I say a prayer for the folks who were and will be under these strong storms tonight and I pray as the temperature cools into the wee hours of morning that the severeness of the storms goes away.
My prayers also go out to the families of at least 20 people who have lost their lives as these storms have moved across the country today.
I am going to bed to rest in the comfort that God is in control.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOUR SAFE. END TIMES ARE CLOSER THAN FOLK THINK. EYES TO THE SKY. IT'S JUST WHAT I BELIEVE.
NO PRAYER HERE AND NO PRAYER THERE. WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT PICTURE? GOD'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES AND STILL FOLK CAN'T SEE HIM TELLING US ALL TO TURN TO HIM.IF THIS NATION DOESN'T TURN BACK TO OUR LORD I DON'T WANT TO THINK WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ALL OF US. HE HAS GIVEN JUST ABOUT ALL THE CHANCES HE'S GOING TO GIVE. CAN'T YOU JUST FEEL IT IN THE AIR. I CAN.

GRANNY

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you stay safe..your purple blooms are lovely:)