Tuesday, March 13, 2012

WHAT'S BLOOMING ON THIS BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY

Another drag myself out of bed morning,uhhhh !!!! I'll sure be glad when my body adjust to the new time frame.
After chores I took a walk in just my T-shirt and no jacket for the first time this year. After 2/10ths inch of rain last night all the plants look so bright and refreshed this morning.
LAMB'S EAR
                                                              DAFFODILS
                                                       WOODS HYACINTHS
                                                                 FORSYTHIA
                                                               A PEACH TREE

This guy even looked brighter blue as he was on his regular perch as I walked by.

I think it is a safe bet that their is going to be a family of bluebirds in this box this year.

I picked up g-son and we had lunch at home today. He had mac and cheese and I had lentil soup.
While I did the laundry and housework for today he watched TV.
About mid afternoon the sun won out and the clouds were pushed aside by the warm sunshine.
We headed outside to enjoy some almost summer like weather .


And yes he is barefooted for the first time this year. He had worn high top boots to school and they were not good sliding shoes !!
When hubbie came home we came inside for a snack of chocolate chip cookies and chocolate milk before tackling the lincoln logs that were scattered in front of the TV waiting for pawpaw's help to build a farm.

And look at what a good job they did !!!   He loves building things, maybe he will make a successful builder one day.
 His dad came after him just before chore time.
After chores I moved one of the "dual" setting white silkie's to her own brooder box and will move the other one tomorrow. Another red silkie hen had joined them and a trio of setters in the same box was causing some scuffle over the eggs. I will move the remaining blue eggs with the white long time setter and then in a few days when I'm sure little red is serious about setting I will give her a bunch of silkie eggs of her own to hatch and move her to a new brooder box that used to be #1 son's rabbit hutch.
After a late salad supper I exercised and  took the last load of laundry out of the dryer before finishing my blog book. Now I just have to review it and it's ready to go to the publisher. That catches me up until the end of June .
G-son is supposed to go to other g-ma's tomorrow and I have a long list of "to do's" for the day so I'm off to bed.
Thanking God for the blessings of the day and the beauty of His creations.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I love this spring weather... We have alot of things blooming here also. Even our Red Buds are budding...

Cute picture of your grandson sliding.... Bet he loves the warm weather.

Hope you do have some Bluebirds nesting in that nestbox...
Hugs,
Betsy

NCmountainwoman said...

I can't believe how fast your grandson is growing! We are really enjoying the beautiful unseasonably warm weather.