Thursday, March 8, 2012

BIRD WATCHING RELAXATION

Another cloudy warm morning at chore time. The air is very moisture laden and I expected rain even before I got back inside.
I went into town earlier this morning to get my weekly errands done before time to pick up g-son.
About 15 minutes before his school let out it began to rain pretty hard and although it had almost stopped by pick-up time I was surprised to find them outside in the covered sand box.
We came home for lunch and then we settled in for a rainy afternoon of inside activities.
His dad picked him up just as hubbie got home from work.
I got good news from my bone density test of Monday, everything is normal,yea !!
Hubbie rested in the recliner awhile and I enjoyed some bird watching.
I was impressed at how many different birds were feasting at the feeders today. Some of them I got nice pics of.
This Brown Thrasher is trying to figure a way to get some suet without falling off the feeder.

Mr.and Mrs. Cardinal strike pretty poses for me.

I hardly ever see the White Breasted Nuthatch on the seed feeders.

Saw a pair of Eastern Towhees gleaning the spilled seed from the ground,this is the Mrs.

This White Throated Sparrow will soon be migrating north of here for the summer.

Couldn't ID this little guy,thought it was a female Gold Finch but after looking closely not sure.

Pesky Grackles are here for spring.

Red-Winged Black birds make so much noise on some days.

There were many more that I didn't get pics of such as Chickadees, Titmouse, Wrens,Starlings,Morning Doves, Song Sparrows,Downy woodpeckers, Hairy Woodpeckers, Red Bellied Woodpeckers and I probably forgot some. All these birds in about an hour of relaxation this evening,ahhhhh!
After chores, a salad supper and exercise hubbie and I watched Swamp People catch alligators tonight.
The high temperature today under the clouds was 65 degrees, tonight the rain has finally started falling steadily at 11:00 and the temperature is 56 degrees. Dare I say spring is here ????
This is a sunset photo of the cloudy evening.

Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of today and for my health.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: