Sunday, January 6, 2013

ANOTHER ESTATE SALE SUNDAY

No freezing anything this morning,only sunshine to begin this really nice Sunday.
Church was good today as we celebrated the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of the quarter.
We had roast beef for lunch with green beans,mashed potatoes,corn and pasta salad for lunch with daughter and #2 son as #1 son's family are going to a Postponed holiday family gathering with d-in-love's family this afternoon.
After lunch hubbie and I went over to our regular estate sale place but found very little. Hubbie bought several 100 year old coins for 75 cents each and I added a couple pieces to my milk glass collection. I love this pitcher as this is the first one I have found that matches my grape patterns.
Also picked up these photo frames still new in the box,perfect for my plans of adding more photos to my decoration plans.


Back home I relaxed and hubbie went to his monthly Deacon's meeting at church.
Daughter brought chilli fixins by later for me as I am going to make the chilli for the fifth quarter our youth is sponsoring for the high school kids after the ballgame Friday night at church.
The temperature got into the upper 40's this afternoon with plenty of sunshine. Here is a photo from one of the local media outlets of Jump Off Rock this afternoon. The view from here is so pretty anytime of the year.
As I relaxed I watched a flurry of activity at my bird feeders this afternoon. Cardinals seem to take over my yard some days and today there were more than a dozen males and females around the feeders.


This isn't a Cardinal but he made a brief appearance then took off out of the yard without even a taste of the bird seed as if afraid of all the brightly colored red birds !
We are in for another cold night with temperatures in the mid 20's with a pretty strong wind.
But look at the next week, is spring already here ???????????? 





Hubbie and I watched a UNC/Virginia basketball game tonight,UNC lost and looked pretty bad,making me glad I haven't really gotten into watching them this year.
Grateful to God tonight for the blessings of the day and for all His creations that make this world such a beautiful place to live.
Good Night and God Bless.





2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---UNC basketball is just not the same as it used to be, is it? We too are expecting the spring-like temps this coming week... Guess the roses will begin to sprout...

Love the pictures of the Cardinal.. They are so pretty in winter.

Have a good week.
Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

What a beautiful view from Jump Off Rock. The shots of the Cardinals are very pretty. Lucky you warming up a bit; we are only getting into the high 30's this week, then snow for the weekend. :(- Your vase is very pretty. Blessings