Tuesday, January 1, 2013

NOT SO GOOD BEGINNING OF 2013


Whew !!!!  I surely thought this new year was going to start off really bad for me when I woke about 1:30am this morning with an upset stomach. I couldn't think of anything I had eaten that might have caused it so I resolved to myself that I had picked up that dreaded stomach bug I have heard so many folks talk about.
After about 3 trips to the bathroom I decided I had better wake hubbie before he was scraping me off the floor somewhere,passed out from gagging. So far I hadn't thrown up but I felt like it was coming.
After he followed me to the bathroom about 3 more times, thankfully I must have finally gotten whatever it was out of my system because I suddenly felt my stomach settling down a bit.
Finally after about another hour I dozed back off to sleep and slept through the night with no further interuptions. Although this morning I feel very week and am gingerly putting anything in my stomach.
A steady light rain was falling as I put the pork shoulder in the oven for our traditional New Years Day meal.
I did laundry and hubbie helped do some house cleaning this morning as I had to rest several times.
We fixed black-eyed peas, collard greens and cornbread to go with the pork and hubbie and I had lunch all to ourselves today. #1 son's family are making a trip to Ikea in Charlotte today, daughter has ball practice from 11 to 1 today and #2 son is enjoying his scarce day off and coming for supper.
At least hubbie and I can reap the health,wealth and luck benefits from our lunch,which was delicious!

Shortly after lunch we got the news of a terrible wreck on one of the nearby roads. This milk hauling truck belongs to a friend of ours.
Seems a volvo hydroplaned and slammed into this truck head-on,killing all 3 occupants in the car and injuring the truck driver. Our friend has a couple other guys who drive his trucks also so we don't know tonight if it was Tony in the truck or not as they are not releasing any names yet.
The scanner had been jammed with accidents all day on the rain slick roads and this rain is going to continue through the night.
There was only about 3/4" in the gauge this evening at chore time which surprised me as I thought there would have been more than that.

I took it easy this afternoon as I am still not feeling up to par but have been able to eat pretty much anything I wanted. I still can't imagine what it was I ate that made me so sick.
Daughter came by about mid afternoon and ate her lunch.

In this picture Flash is showing his displeasure with the rainy day.
He was anxious to get inside in his warm bed this evening as were all the animals.
The high reached 46 this afternoon but didn't feel that warm with the cold rainfall.
#2 son came by and had supper with hubbie and I as #1 son's family called and said they weren't going to make it back in time.
This has been a nasty day to begin the new year ,but it will be a good night to snuggle under the warm covers.
Back to the school schedule in the morning with an early alarm time. Hope g-son is ready to go back!
Thankful to God for all my blessings in the past year and looking forward to what He has in store for me and my family in 2013.
Good Night and God Bless.



5 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes----same here... I could have almost written that post --without the stomach virus and the big wreck.... We have had a cold rain ALLLLLLLL day long too... GADS! I kept thinking how nice it would have been if it had have been 10 degrees cooler --and we would have had alot of snow... Darn it!!!!!

We also had our good luck black-eyed-peas, etc... SO--hopefuly all of us will have good luck in 2013.

Hope this weather will improve tomorrow!!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

linda m said...

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hubby and I had turkey for dinner. Our New Years Day was sunny but bitterly cold. Flash looks very sad - poor puppy. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I WAS THINKING OF MY MOM. IT HAD TO BE SPLIT PEA SOUP AT MIDNIGHT. UPPER, UPPER NEW YORK STYLE. JOHNNY CAKE TO GO WITH IT. I'VE NEVER COOKED A NEW YEARS EVE SUPPER OR SOUPS OF ANY KIND. I JUST GO TO BED.BORING FOR SOME BUT FOR ME IT'S SUPER.THE THING IS SINCE MOVING TO THIS HOUSE [DEVELOPMENT], THEY ALLOW FIREWORKS AND IT GETS REALLY LOUD ALL NIGHT. I'M A REAL NATURE NUT AND FEEL SO SAD FOR ALL THE BIRDS,DOGS,CATS,AND ANIMALS BEING SCARED TO DEATH. ALSO ALL THE VERY ILL PEOPLE THAT MAYBE ARE SUFFERING OR EVEN DYING IN A DEVELOPMENT. THE BIG CITIES LIKE ORLANDO, TAMPA, MIAMI,AND THE REST HAVE BIG FIREWORKS FOR ALL BUT THE PEOPLE CHOOSE TO BLOW UP THE NEIGHBORHOODS. I LIKE FOLK TO HAVE FUN BUT NOT TO OTHERS EXPENCE. A WOMEN FROM ST PETE WAS AT A FIREWORKS SHOW,SOMEONE SHOT OFF A ROUND OF GUNFIRE FROM WHERE,NOONE KNOWS,ANYWAYS THE BULLET CAME THROUGH THE AIR,CAME DOWN AND HIT HER IN THE HAND AND ARM AREA. SHE WAS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT. YET,GOT SHOT BY AN UNKNOWN. THEY SAID,THE BULLET COULD HAVE COME AS FAR AWAY AS A MILE.SO SAD.SHOOTING A GUN TO CELEBRATE TO ME IS CRAZY. I DO LIKE WISHING PEOPLE HAPPY NEW YEAR BUT ALSO LOVE GOING TO BED ON NEW YEARS EVE. I'M A REAL POOPER. RIGHT? GRANNY

Anonymous said...

ANY THOUGHTS? GRANNY

yanmaneee said...

hermes
yeezy 350
lebron 16
yeezy 350
calvin klein underwear
balenciaga
moncler coat
canada goose outlet
nike lebron 16
golden goose sneakers