Thursday, January 3, 2013


Woke to a cold drizzly morning again. After I got g-son to school,the chores done, and had breakfast I listened to the weather prediction for today as I looked out at the gray,cold day wondering what I should do first.  With a promise of a cloudy afternoon but no rain I decided to go into town and run my errands this morning. I called hubbie who was planning on taking an extra early lunch break to help me get my decorations back into the garden shed and told him to count on a regular lunch break.
I was surprised at how empty the stores were today, guess I have been used to the holiday hustle and bustle of crowds for too long!
There were no lines in any stores I went into and I got my shopping done in record time,even picked up a few Christmas storage specials which came in really handy as I packed up the last of the decorations later.
I made it home for lunch and then spent the afternoon taking down and packing up the rest of my decorations. As I packed up my Santa collection I realized I had not taken photos of this years new additions.
Each time we travel to a new place I always pick up Christmas Ornaments so I can enjoy the memory of  that trip each Christmas. This year we made our first trip to Beaufort,SC and nearby Hunting Island,SC.

This is a Noah's Ark Santa I picked up at an estate sale.
And this Santa I bought during ABC's black Friday sale, silly me I really believed them when they said he was carved from wood ? !  But he is still pretty !

By the time hubbie came in from work I had everything packed up and all the outside decorations and lights down except a string of, out of my reach on my 3-step ladder, icicle lights.  The new golf cart made this job so much easier and faster,thanks again Susie !!
We did chores and then finished  getting everything put away just at dark. I'm still looking forward to those longer daylight evenings !
It has been a dry evening but cloudy and really cold. My face is chapped from riding through the cold air on the golf cart between the house and the shed multiple times.
After supper I snuggled on the couch with my 4-legged kids and nursed my sore back with a heating pad.
They really like that couch with those warm snuggly  blankets !!

Now all that is left to do is get all my shelves,cabinets and floors cleaned and all the regular shelf sitters put back in their places.
I am already contemplating several little jobs that need to get done this month of only Saturday market days.
Off to bed early tonight to rest my tired back .
Thanking God for the blessings of today and for the strength He gives me each day.
Good Night and God Bless.


Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy New Year! You are way ahead of me..I still have one tree up! :)

Granny said...

Love your Santas, especially the Noah's Ark Santa.

I get chapped face from the cold when walking my little dog so have started applying a thin coat of vaseline before going outside. It really helps.

Betsy Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, My Christmas won't be put away until next week. We leave things up here until after Epiphany Sunday (6th)... I dread putting them all away since I love Christmas so much. BUT---it will be nice to get my house back in order!!!!

Love your Santa's... I got one new angel (Willow) for my collection this year. You'll have to look at my Monday's blog post if you missed it.

Sunny today--but cold. I do enjoy seeing the sun though...

Have a great weekend.