Thursday, June 27, 2013

ANOTHER MARKET DAY AND TODAY'S BLOOMERS

Up early to get to market before any customers with orders show up.
The day was good and I stayed busy when there were no customers I shuffled my tables around to better show off my merchandise and get more baked things room. Daughter came by earlier and brought her baking so we need more space to get everything displayed attractively.
After market I ran my errands and did  weekly shopping in a hot afternoon as the temperature climbed into the upper 80's and the humidity level must have been 100%.
I got home before hubbie and had things unloaded by the time he got here.  #1 son and g-son came by to work on his lawnmower.
Little Evy came while her mom went to work and her dad came by to pick her up and visited awhile.
I emptied another 1/4" of rain from the gauge this evening from an early morning storm that passed through and as I type this I hear rain starting again tonight outside.
As I did chores this evening I noticed these beauties around the yard. Another fragrant bouquet of pink Roses this time.
This wild Mountain Laurel that I have in one of my flower beds against the house is just now blooming. A bit late for these beauties !!
My Day Lilies are showing some nice color but not lasting very long in all the rain.

So far our garden is holding up but is slow to produce any summer vegetables.
One of the counties north of us this evening got flooding rains that caused some major damage. Hopefully we won't get any of that pouring rain her overnight.
Thanking the Lord for being my Guide as I find my way along life's journey.
Good Night and God Bless.



3 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

It sounds like you had a very productive day up early at the market with homemade items.

Those lawnmowers I tell you, hubby and I were working on ours too. It was fixed last weekend, I hope your husband was able to get yours working. One thing I hate about a working mower in the summer, the grass always needs cutting.

linda m said...

Happy to hear your day was productive. Seems all we do around here is mow the lawn. Have a great weekend. Blessings

Unknown said...

The flowers are so pretty...you have a very 'green thumb'.