Saturday, June 22, 2013

VERY BUSY MARKET DAY

Off to market is this "little piggy"  today,haha !!
Wow, I had the best selling day of the year so far today !!  It's hard to tell what the day will bring anymore out here. Today was a beautiful day, temperatures climbing into the mid 80's made it a little warm by the early afternoon.
I left market and went to pick up baking supplies for next week, it is going to be a busy one for sure.
I needed a black or tan short sleeved shirt to wear over a favorite top I have so I checked out a couple thrift shops with no luck. After running into mailman #2 son at one of his stops I looked over and saw "clearance" signs in Steinmarts window.  I found a perfect matching shirt and of course a couple other tops I couldn't resist. I need to keep up with their sales as I saw a lot of things that I would like to have in there when they go on sale at the end of the season.
On my way home I stopped by a friends house who had re-potted a bunch of Aloe plant and told me to come by and get some of them. She was definitely right about covering her little porch with the plants, she probably had 3 dozen or so sitting there. I got 2 larger pots and one small one for a gift. I hope she has someone close by watering these, because they sure are nice plants. Thanks Susan !!!



After leaving there I made a trip I have been putting off for a couple weeks. I went up to Edneyville to Mount Moriah Baptist Church cemetery where my maternal grandparents are buried. When I got out decade pictures for June I found several pics of their graves dated June 1953, so I wanted to go get in the same position as these pics and note the differences that 60 years have made. To see the comparison pics you can go back to 6/15/2013 date blog post. I discovered major differences, even different tomb stones.
There was also the graves of two of my mom's sisters buried next to my grandparents. I thought the inscriptions on the stones were kind of mixed up. My aunt Hatties stone had the heading of "sister" which I thought should have been "daughter" since she was buried right beside her mom and dad.

And the heading on aunt Mary's said "mother" which I guess was put there by her only son but there was no place left beside her for him to be buried.

She was never married and Aunt Hattie's husband who was injured in the war I'm sure was buried in a Veterans cemetery somewhere,but I've never seen anything to indicate which one.
After getting things unloaded and put away hubbie and I started getting some supper for us and #2 son who is coming for a visit this evening to eat with us. Hubbie grilled steaks and we had fries and slaw or salad with them.
#2 son is still on track with his house sale. The inspector hired by the purchasers checked the house out Monday and he hasn't heard anything from that yet.
After he left, we did evening chores and then watched the sun sink below the horizon on this first summer Saturday of 2013.
God is so good !!!!  I thank Him every day for His glorious blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO, I HAVEN'T COMMENTED SINCE CHATTING WITH YOU A FEW DAYS AGO. THANKS FOR TAKING THE CALL. I KNEW YOU'D WANT TO KNOW. I DO PEEK IN EVERYDAY BECAUSE I LOVE READING YOUR BOOK. [BLOG] BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. YOUR DOING IT ALL RIGHT.

GOD IS GOOD.

GRANNY [FLORIDA]

Unknown said...

So glad you had that good day at market, and hope it keeps going that way. I have an aloe plant in my kitchen window just in case someone gets burned...it does work. Have a nice week ahead.