Wednesday, June 12, 2013

CAKE BAKING,HOUSE CLEANING AND OUTSIDE FUN !!

After I got g-son settled in with his breakfast and saw that it was only 7:15 I layed back down but my internal alarm is set for routinely getting up at this time so no going back to sleep for me.
After getting the chores done and having my own breakfast I got a call from one of my summer camp customers with a 7 caramel cake order for tomorrow. I kicked my cake baking into high gear with this order plus everything else. I baked 18 caramel, 2 chocolate and 2 pound cakes. G-son was an angel while I baked playing with his legos.
After baking was done and lunch had been enjoyed I told g-son if he would help me clean house we would spend the afternoon outside doing whatever he wanted.
I was impressed with his cleaning as he cleaned all his toys up in the living room and then cleaned is playroom where his company yesterday scattered all the games around. He was so proud of what he had done he had to show it off to everyone.
As promised I went outside with him and played all afternoon in the first 90 degree sunny day we have had this season,whew !!
There is something about country boys ,cowboy boots and dogs !!
He wore flip flops today and couldn't run and play in them so these boots were his choice for the afternoon.
 We managed to flip the hammock and I landed hard on my left side,pulling a muscle in my right waist line area,ouch !! I was afraid g-son would fall out on top of me or onto a large wooden beam running along the side of the patio. Somehow he managed to land on his feet outside the patio. I guess if I was 6 years old I might have managed to land on my feet also !!!!!!!
After a couple popsicles we headed inside to cool off in the air conditioning.
His dad picked him up early to get ready for church tonight.
I iced cakes intermittantly between paperwork and bill paying to keep my back from hurting from the constant stirring.
The temperature is still in the 80's at 10:00 tonight with severe storms moving across the country to hit our area tomorrow evening.
Early to bed early to rise !!
Grateful to God for the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: