Friday, June 21, 2013

WELCOME SUMMER 2013

Hubbie was off today to begin his summer of Fridays off right on time with the first day of summer. He was out early to catch up with yard work after all the rainy days we've had.
I had to have some milk before my baking began so a trip to Ingles was done after chores and breakfast.
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate,3 pound and 1 wine cake, finishing just in time for a late lunch.
I cleaned the kitchen and sunroom before little Evy came to stay while her mother went to a meeting at the hospital where she works. She is growing like a weed, weighing already 13 pounds at almost 3 months old.
She is getting to be fun to watch as her personality is starting to shine through and she is more reactive to her surroundings.



We went to sit outside while hubbie mowed grass and she took about a 30 minute nap, then woke up smiling as usual.
After her mom came after her I sat out in the yard for my daily dose of vitamin D from the sun's fleeting rays. It seems that when the sun starts going down in the early evening it goes faster than at earlier times of the day.
I pulled more weeds from the garden for the chickens and then came in for a light supper before regular chore time.
I spent the evening icing 12 caramel and 3 chocolate cakes. I have a 6 cake order for one of the summer camps I serve for tomorrow and a 10 cake order for the same camp next Thursday. The summer camps keep me hopping during these months and that is a good thing !!
About 5:30 the E-Campers made it into town from the beach today and daughter came by to pick up Tipper and was anxious to get home to sleep in her own bed tonight.
The first day of the summer 2013 has been a busy one filled with many blessings.
I praise God tonight for their traveling mercies and for may the teachings of this week serve to glorify His name.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Evy sure is a cutie...