Saturday, June 15, 2013

BUSY MARKET DAY AND 1953 MEMORIES

Market was busy today as the antique show up on main street drew a bigger crowd into town.
Daughter was there to help most of the day before leaving to go to a baby shower for a young girl from church.
I stayed steadily busy all day  thankfully.
I picked up baking supplies on the way home along with some fresh east coast shrimp to have for supper tonight.
I found a new easy recipe for cooking shrimp and wanted to try it out. I won't publish it because it turned out not so great. I still like shrimp grilled batter than oven cooked !
Hubbie and I made a trip to Sam's Club tonight for some needed groceries from there and some chicken breast for lunch tomorrow.
All the kids have gone to the Blueridge BBQ festival in Tryon this evening. G-son has been looking forward to this since he found out they were going. One of the neighbor's at market told him Thursday that they had good BBQ and music at the festival and g-son replied "forget the food and music I'm going for the rides!"
I feel wiped out this evening and have been resting in one place or the other all evening. I promised myself tonight to get back into the habit of walking everyday and exercising to get my energy level back up.
This is a good day to get some decade pics in since I don't have any pics for today.
These old photos are dated June 1953 and I'm sure were taken by my mom's sister,my aunt Hattie Holmes.
In this first one is another of mom's sisters, Mary Ruff along with Anderson Holmes.
These last three are of my grandmother's grave and an infant son who was the only boy that she had.


These graves are at Mount Moriah church cemetery, not far from our house.I thought it would be interesting to compare these pics with todays 60 year later images.
As you can see a new headstone replaced the old one that had grandmothers maiden name listed.



Grateful for the blessings of the day and for the never ending love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry the shrimp didnt turn out good. I do love it, fried, boiled or however! Bet your g.son had a good time at the festival and hoping you feel rested and better this morning.