Friday, November 22, 2013

50th ANNIVERSARY OF A VERY SAD DAY

GOOD  MORNING !!!!
It is a foggy morning after a misty rain yesterday and over night left about 3/10ths inch of rain in the gauge.
This is the mountains on my way home from dropping g-son at school.
After chores and breakfast I took a nice walk. I hope my forsythia saves enough blooms to have some for the spring color show.
In this unseasonably warm spell we are having even one of my plum trees has these two little blooms hanging on to naked branches.
It doesn't take many days of warm temps after a really cold spell to fool things into thinking it is spring !!
I spent the morning making some business calls, reporting static on my home phone line again and checking to see if my glasses were ready yet.
I didn't get started with my baking until after lunch. I baked 12 caramel, 4 chocolate, 2 black walnut pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes. I don't have many orders for tomorrow but I do expect some folks to be shopping for their Thanksgiving desserts early.
My glasses were ready about 3:00 and just as I left to go pick them up the phone repairman called to say he was turning over my problem to the cable construction unit. He said all the lines on my circuit were bad because of a naked cable.
My glasses will need an adjustment but I can wear them. I picked up drinks and water for the fifth quarter celebration at church tonight for the youth that daughter helps with on the way home.
I stayed busy this afternoon doing odd jobs and icing cakes.
Today is a significant day in the history of our country as this is the 50th anniversary of the assasination of our 35th president John F. Kennedy.
That was a very sad day for our country and I remember when the news got out we were sent home from school early and everyone was crying. I was 9 years old in the 4th grade and somehow even as young as I was I knew somehow our country would never be the same.
As President Kennedy and his wife Jackie rode in this convertible through the streets of Dallas, Texas shots rang out to put an end to this happy occasion.
Lee Harvey Oswell was in a building along the route on an upper floor and shot the president.
Then Oswell was shot and killed while in custody by a man named Jack Ruby who had connections with the moffia.
Still today there are many questions around this killing and almost as many theories as to who else was involved as there are questions.
Leaving us all to wonder how the history of our country might have been changed if this great man would have been able to fulfill his term as President.

Thankful tonight for the difference this man made in the short time he lived and grateful that ultimately God is in control.
Good Night and God Bless.









1 comment:

linda m said...

You are lucky the bitter cold weather hasn't hit you yet. YEsterday's high was 30 and this morning it is 16 degrees outside. Also we have very strong winds. At least the sun is shining. Yesterday was a sad day in our Country's history. I am very grateful that God is at the helm of my life. Blessings.