Thursday, November 14, 2013

COLD SLOW MARKET DAY

A cold 19 degrees greeted g-son and I this morning on the way to school. He is thinking Christmas is really close with all this cold weather !!
Market was expectedly slow today. I don't blame folks for not coming out on such a cold morning.
I am thankful for what I did sell and there will be better days coming.
After market I ran the errands and picked up baking supplies. I keep expecting more Thanksgiving orders to come in and want to get stocked up.
Ran into d-in-love and g-son in Walmart,they had just left their regular teacher's conference and g-son got a good review so he was happily searching for things to ask Santa for !!
Sis-in-law called and we tentatively picked a date for our family Thanksgiving dinner.
I slowly unloaded the van when I got home trying to not overwork my still healing right arm muscle.
Hubbie went after a roll of hay from a friend of his for old Snowball after work so he was late getting home.
It has warmed up nicely today into the upper 50's and it feels nice not to be all bundled up while doing chores this evening.
Tonight we are suppose to stay in the upper 20's but it is already 30 degrees at 10:30 so I think it will go much lower unless the clouds get here quickly !
There is a fire in the Linville Gourge area of Western North Carolina that is burning over 1800 acres. It is a scary looking fire after dark as evidenced by these photographs sent in to the local TV station.

 It is burning in what is called the Table Rock wilderness area and you can see the "table" in the next couple pics.


Thankful tonight for firefighters who put their lives on the line each day to fight these fires and praying for all the wildlife and people who are in the path of this furiously spreading wildfire.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

I am sure as the Holidays approach Market will pick up. Take it easy with your right arm and don't over do. supposed to warm up some around here also. Have a great weekend and God bless you.