Saturday, November 9, 2013

WORLD'S MOST DEADLY STROM HITS

Brrr!!! a cold market day morning.  I was slow getting ready and got to market almost 10 minutes later than usual but no one was there to notice !!
It was an okay day,much better than Thursday so I am very thankful. I also sold several craft items and folks are already buying Christmas gifts.
After market I stopped by Aldi and picked up some baking supplies for next week. When I got home hubbie was collecting the firewood that was cut down on the road last week.
I unloaded the van and took a snack break before heading outside to help. Thankfully he was hauling his last load when I caught up with him so I watched one of Rebekah's friends take some photo's of little Evy before doing the evening chores.
I came inside and took a nice break snuggled with my 4-legged kids on the couch.
D-in-love's mom called and asked if I would run an errand for her since she was stuck at her restaurant. I went to Sam's Club and picked up some things she needed for tomorrow. While I was there I looked at the camera I forgot to check at the last time I was there. They are having some early black Friday specials and this camera was $80 off. My little point and shoot has just about had it as I have carried it on the sandy beaches, carried it in my pocket and sweated the shutters stuck on it a couple times and also dropped it numerous times. This is a Samsung and that is what I had before I got the Olympus.
Hubbie went with me and we picked up a few groceries also to save a later trip.
My Thanksgiving Cactus is in full bloom since I brought it inside. This sure doesn't match my fall decor,haha !!
Also in the news of the day a deadly super typhoon named Haiyan hit the Philippines and caused massive damage and loss of lives. There are already 1200 confirmed dead and that is only in a couple small areas. The death tole could reach 10,000. This could be the most powerful storm to ever hit land after all the measurements get tallied up. Sustained winds of 195MPH bore down on these islands and there is not much left in the path of this huge storm.

Back out over water and headed for Vietnam it is still a very dangerous storm.
These folks need our prayers right now to overcome this devastation.

I found this interesting map of what the country might look like if all the ice caps melted.
Looks like we wouldn't have a very long drive to the coast !!  Lets pray that this never happens. Can you imagine how crowed our country would be if all the people in these areas moved inland ?
Thankful tonight for the belief in our Lord and Savoir and the peacefulness I have knowing all that happens on land and sea is under His careful loving control.
Good Night and God Bless




2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Yes, that storm that hit the Philippines is horrible. I have a blog friend there --but she is safe (lives in another area). However, she has friends in the damaged area and can't reach them... Such a shame.

Interesting also about the Ice Caps... I hope that never happens...

We've had some coldish weather this weekend --but no freezing... They say we might get some snow on Tuesday/Wednesday --and it's going to get REALLY cold.... We still have Roses and Irises blooming. They may be gone after Wednesday this week...

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

AND WHEN ARE THE PEOPLE GOING TO OPEN THEIR EYES AND GET THEM SET ON OUR LORD. THESE ARE END TIMES.EVERYTHING I HEARD IN A SERMON 40 YEARS AGO IN OKLAHOMA CITY HAS COME TRUE. CHRISTIANS ARE BEING PERSECUTED MORE THAN EVER. HARD TIMES ARE HERE AND MORE TO COME. GRANNY