Friday, November 15, 2013

RAINY DAY, BROKEN GLASSES

A little warmer this morning with a 28 degree temp when I got up before 7:00 to greet g-son.
After dropping him at school I came home to chores and breakfast. I always work the crossword puzzle in the paper each morning for brain exercise. Today's puzzle was a hard one and took longer than usual. I finally took a refreshing walk outside. The dulldrons of winter have set in, especially noticeable on a cloudy dreary day like today.
As I walked a misty rain started to fall and continued for the remainder of the day.
I baked 6 caramel cakes before lunch.
After lunch I gave the entire house a good cleaning that it hasn't had in the last few weeks. Funny how much better things look in a clean house !!
I was slower than usual still trying to protect my right arm from overwork as my muscle soreness gets better with each day.
I had to make a cake delivery at 3:40 which I was late getting to because of a fender bender accident that backed up traffic on my way there. I finally made it and the man who was waiting understood as he had seen the backed up roads.
On my way home I stopped by a garage sale on the road I live on and scored these 8 really nice placemats for only $5 .
Wish there was 2 more then I would have enough of the same to do both my tables.
They have been used but have no stains or damage.

In my decade pics for November, 1993, I found this one at my brother's house of my niece Susan's (in purple) birthday. Daughter is bending over and #2 son is holding another niece, Hannah as they watch Susan open presents.
Tonight I iced caramel cakes then watched a UNC/ Holly Cross basketball game which UNC won but didn't look very confident. It may be a long year,only time will tell.
As I reached up to take my glasses off tonight to get on the computer they came off my face in two pieces.
The nose wire just broke with no reason. I have not been happy with these glasses since I got them and never should have taken them with the promise that I would get used to them. They are constantly sliding down my nose and I have to take them into the eye glasses office very often to get them tightened up. I guess all that constant tightening is what stressed this nose wire.
I am really wondering what they will offer to do with them on Monday when I take them in? Maybe they can fix the wire I hope so because I can't afford another pair of these glasses. I love the lens just not the frames. If they can't fix them I don't think I will buy any more glasses from them. I've only had these a little over a year.
Lucky for me I still have my old glasses and the prescription is close so I have some glasses to wear for the weekend.
Tonight I am thankful for the dry leaf dampening  1/4" of rain that fell this evening, God knows what we need when we need it.
Good Night and God Bless.



3 comments:

linda m said...

I know how you feel. I have a pair of glasses that are always slipping down my nose. I am constantly pushing them up. I went to a different place and their merchandise is inferior to the other place, but it's where my insurance told me to go. Keeping the old pair for emergencies is also what I do. At least then I'm able to function. Blessings

smysath said...

voir ici maintenant Chrome-Hearts Dolabuy naviguez vers ce site Web Dolabuy YSL vous pouvez vérifier ici répliques de sacs de créateurs en gros

Unknown said...

Louis Vuitton fake Bags y57 e6k39a0t90 replica ysl bags g26 p6t44n1o37 luxury replica bags l48 q8f23d5x53