Saturday, November 16, 2013


Some mornings for some reason are just harder than others !!??  Today was a harder one for me. Although I had left my van unlocked so daughter who was coming to bring her baked goods by before 7:00 could just put them in there without waking us up.  Didn't work out as the dogs started barking when she came up the drive,I thought it was #1 son bringing g-son for school so I jumped up.
After I realized what was going on I was too far awake to go back to sleep for that extra 30 minutes.
I layed there and listened to hubbie snore the extra time away,that man could sleep through anything!!
I did the normal things to get ready for market but for some reason it took longer this morning and I was 10 minutes late getting to market. There was only one lady waiting there for me and she didn't seem to be in any hurry.
Surprisingly the parking lot was pretty full and I had a busy morning. Although around noon the traffic through market dried up entirely and left all us sellers looking at one another in silence.
I did about 1/2 the business as last Saturday. At least I had time today to walk around the market and check out all the other merchandise.
After market I stopped at Aldi then headed home. Hubbie was working on collecting some wood from the fallen tree in the pasture so he came up and helped unload the van.
He went after one more load and I took a nice hot tea break out in the sunroom with the 4-legged kids.
After chores and a light supper hubbie and I watched our country music shows on TV and relaxed. The day has been nice, warm upper 50's and partly sunny but this evening the clouds thickened up and it looks like it could rain any minute. Tonight and tomorrow night is the full moon known as the "Beaver Moon". Called that some say because it is the last full moon before cold and snow set in to trap the beavers and some say it is because of the frantic activity of the beaver's last nocturnal building attempts before winter weather sets in. At any rate we are not going to get to see much of this full moon because of the clouds and the rain that is coming tomorrow night.
One of Hubbie's aunts died early this morning at the local Hospice Center. She has been sick and in the hospital for weeks. She has cheated death for many years as she has only had about 1/4 of her heart working. She was ready to go meet God and said her good-byes last week. Hubbie and his brother went to see her last Thursday just before they moved her to Hospice. He said he was surprised to see her in such a weakened state but said he didn't think it would be very long at all until death came.
She was a very strong, active lady and was always ready to help in any way she could.  She has two daughters left after loosing one named Connie who I blogged about in May of 2012.  Her grandson was the young man who gave his life to God a couple Sunday's ago at our church.
I am praying for her elderly husband tonight who has had to have one of his legs taken off and the rest of her family as they deal with their loss. May they find comfort in the knowledge that she is with Connie and the other family that has gone on before in the presence of our Heavenly Father.
Thankful tonight for the love and comfort that our precious Heaven Father can give to guide us through the difficult times of our lives.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy Adams said...

Sorry about your hubby's aunt --but it sounds like she was ready to be with God. Even still, we do miss them when they leave this earth.

Glad you had an okay day at market... We had rain most of yesterday (drizzles) --and today, it was just cloudy and breezy. We do have a huge front coming through which could bring more high winds to us... The temperature has gotten milder --but will get cold again on Monday...Welcome to the season change!!!!! ha

P.S. Hope they got that big fire out.

Sandy said...

Carolina Nana,

Sending prayers to Christine and your family.

linda m said...

Sorry to hear about your hubby's aunt dying. She is with Jesus now. I will say a prayer for the family.