Monday, November 25, 2013

BUSY BAKING MONDAY

G-son wanted me up when he got here this morning,apparently hubbie didn't have all the right answers for him !!!
While they left for school I did the chores in the cold below freezing temperatures. I had to find some metal pans to put the chickens water in because it isn't supposed to get much above freezing today so I don't want to take a chance on the plastic waterers freezing.
This is a different kind of Monday for me as I spent practically the entire day in the kitchen. With tomorrow being the last market day before Thanksgiving I have many orders and the phone has been ringing all morning. I baked 18 caramel,4 chocolate,3 coconut, 4 pound cakes before I took time to have lunch. It was almost time to go get g-son by this time.
Hubbie declared war on all the fallen leaves today and has spent the day outside and on the roof hopefully for the last time this season.
I have had my ear to the weather all day because the predictions for ice overnight could really make a mess of my orders tomorrow.
With the temperature not getting above freezing all day it could be an ideal time for an ice storm to move in.
Prayerfully I continue to bake.
Evidently the teachers thought this might be their last day before Thanksgiving vacation and they had their celebrations today. G-son was an Indian.
Just call him "Silent Snake"   !!!
After chores I was back in the kitchen now icing all those cakes I baked today.  I finished up about 11:30 and was very glad to get my aching knees and feet in the bed.
It is 31 degrees with only a light shower of ice pellets so far tonight.
Thankful tonight for the business the Lord sends my way just as it is needed.
Good Night and God Bless.                                                                                                                                           


1 comment:

linda m said...

G-son looks so cute with his Indian hat. Sure hope you don't hit too hard with all this bad weather. We have had snow for 2 days and very cold temperatures. This AM it was 9 degrees outside with a blowing wind. Just keep warm and safe. Blessings