Wednesday, November 6, 2013

HUM DRUM WEDNESDAY


Woke to a misty morning today. After getting g-son to school and finishing chores and breakfast I delivered 4 caramel cakes.I took this pic on the way back up the driveway . No tree cutters this morning,they are finished, leaving just the carnage as the cows check it out.

It turned out to be a nice sunny morning after only a trace of rain in the gauge, but I need to bake cakes so I will be stuck inside for the remainder of the morning. I baked 12 caramel, 1 chocolate and 2 pound cakes.
After lunch I did a load of laundry so I could hang the big comforter out to dry on the clothes line since the sun made a nice appearance this afternoon.
Love these warm,68 degree, sunny late fall days. Wish I could just stay outside and enjoy it  but other things are calling me today. I have Avon orders to pack up ready to ship and deliver and need to pick up g-son at 3:00.  I still am leaving about 2:50 to get in line and work on my towel top crocheting.
When we got home and I got him set up with his after school food, I can't really call it a "snack" because it is more like a meal.
This is his first grade picture. I can't get over how much he has changed in just a year !!

I went back outside ,gathered the laundry and pulled the chickens some of the last weeds in the garden for a green snack.
#2 son came in to check out a house he had found by driving around today on his day off. It is for sale by owner so he looked it up to get more info.
He tried to call the seller but didn't get an answer. He has to go back to work tomorrow anyway so he won't be able to look at it until Monday.
After chores I got the weekly paperwork and bill paying done. I iced cakes while I watched Survivor on TV then wash eggs and got things ready to go to market in the morning. I finished around 11:30 and headed for a hot bath, whew that bed is going to feel good tonight. My system is still smarting from the time change and this late night isn't going to help !!
G-son's CIA (children in action) class meets on Wednesday nights and tonight they went shopping and packed Operation Christmas Child boxes. Here is g-son on the right with two of his friends with one of their packed boxes. It is so good that these young kids are learning to give.

Thankful tonight for God's watchful eyes on my kids in all they do and for giving me so many undeserved blessings each day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: