Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BAKING DAY

Not many more of these trips into first grade for g-son.  Wow this year has passed super fast for me but not for him I don't think !!
After dropping him I came home to chores and breakfast before I got my baking duties for the day started.
Had a nice visit from #2 son who is off today and doing yardwork. He came by to return a ladder he had borrowed. With him living so close it is easy for him to share tools with hubbie.
I baked 12 caramel cakes, 2 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake.  Don't know how this holiday weekend will be as for as business because there is the garden jubilee downtown and there is usually no parking spaces in our lot for our customers.
I did get an order today for 3 caramel cakes for tomorrow but have no orders for Saturday so far.
After lunch I dusted the house then worked in the garden pulling weeds until it was time to pick up g-son.
His dad has worked the last couple nights replacing a culvert where they had to close down the road so he was up this afternoon when we got back and g-son went home to see his dad for the first time in a couple days.
They got the job done so he will back on a regular schedule tomorrow.
Work is continuing at an unusually fast pace down on the bridge at our place.

I worked some more in the garden before chore time.  This is one of my favorite times of the year and this is a major reason why.
Just run up to the garden and gather a healthy feast in a few seconds!!  I added some sauteaed shrimp to this bowl for a delicious meal.
After supper  I did weekly paperwork and started icing cakes. I iced the 12 caramel and 2 chocolates while watching the finale of Survivor on TV.  My favorite player came in second but it was a good show for a change.
Well it is late and I'm tired to I'm outta here.
Thanking God for all the blessings for this day.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Here's hoping you have a busy weekend at market. You are so lucky to be able to go outside and "gather" dinner. I miss the days when I had a garden. Blessings