Saturday, May 24, 2014

GARDEN JUBILEE

UGGGG!!!!!   An earlier than usual alarm jingling this morning along with g-son's appearance to spend the day with us while his parents took some extra Saturday work rudely interupted my peaceful slumber this morning.
I hurried through chores and we were on our way more than an hour earlier than usual.
The parking lot was already beginning to fill with street vendors and early Garden Jubilee shoppers.
I had a very good day of sales today with the extra traffic though market.
G-son was again the "man of the hour" as he played games and taught Cora how to play.

He is becoming a regular and everyone looks forward to seeing him each Saturday.
He reluctantly left with his Pawpaw around lunchtime.  They had several stops to make on their way home.
I stayed steadily busy all day. This is a picture of my table used in our facebook advertisement today.
Daughter came in about an hour before closing and helped me load things up and close down.
A friend met us as market closed and all three of us made our way up on the street to the Garden Jubilee.  We had a wagon this year and another carrier to pull and we managed to fill up both of these and still had to carry a few things !!!   I had no hands to make pictures and didn't think about taking a picture of our purchases which consisted mostly of herbs and a few $1 flower deals.
I have them still in my wagon so a picture will be coming !!  These are some pics from the local newspaper.


I loved this little pond set up on the street. I would love to have one of these to relax by.
I did have to wonder if the work of setting this up was really worth it ????
After spending over three hours walking from one end of the street to the other we pulled, and dragged our purchases back to the cars.
Although my feet were already hurting I had to make a stop at Aldi and Ingles before getting home at about 6:15,whew !!!
I unloaded , did the chores and had supper. Rebekah and Evy came down for a visit .   Hopefully her and d-in-love and daughter will get to go back to the jubilee tomorrow afternoon.
Thanking God for a wonderful day filled with many blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: