Friday, May 9, 2014

CLOUDY DAY

TGIF or maybe that's for folks you just work a five day week, not for me because Fridays are always one of my busiest days.
After dropping g-son at school it was home to do the chores and have breakfast. I squeezed in a short walk this morning since Rebekah called from Walmart to see if I needed anything and I got her to pick up my forgotten coconut for cake orders tomorrow.
As I walked by the upper pasture all these pesky Buttercups looked so pretty scattered throughout the pasture.
It is a cloudy day today and much cooler with temps only in the low 70's.
I baked 6 caramel,4 coconut, 3 chocolate and 6 pound cakes before having a late lunch while the last ones were still in the ovens.
I did some housecleaning and got all my vacuuming and mopping done for the week.  #1 son is taking 1/2 day off today so he is picking up g-son.
G-son will be coming later this evening to spend the night with us because his mom and dad are going to work early in the morning.
I am sleepy this evening for some reason but I know better than to take a nap because I won't sleep good tonight if I do.
I did the chores early to avoid having to do them in the rain.  And sure enough just as we got back inside the rain began.  It was a light rain and didn't last long, leaving only about 1/4 inch in the gauge but any will help.
I iced all my cakes and got things ready for market.
Thanking God tonight for the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: