Friday, May 23, 2014

LEARNING TO FLY

We had a last minute dilemma just before we headed out the door for school this morning. I always turn the TV off and send g-son to the bathroom to brush his teeth and use the toilet right before we head out.  He must think about what is coming up in his day while he is in there because this is the time the "melt downs" usually occur when he remembers he has forgotten something.
Today it was a homework paper, left behind on the couch at home because it only had a few letters on one side of it and his dad thought it was a blank paper.
"Worst day ever" emergency was averted when we went in his house and got the paper on the way to school.   We were almost late but I told him if he walked fast he could make it. The last time I saw him he was walking very fast toward his classroom.
Back home I did morning chores, had breakfast, took a nice walk and took time to watch these baby Bluebirds as they fledged for the first time today.




Saw at least three of these little guys that left the house hubbie made for them in front of the barn.
It was fun to watch them stretch their wings before they finally took off to the tops of the fence post then to a nearby Walnut tree where they chattered to each other and I'm sure to parents that were watching close by.
As I continued my walk I spotted this beauty in the grass.
After looking up a spotted moth I found out this is an Eight Spotted Forester Moth. Another of God's intricate creations with exactly four spots on each wing.
I spent the morning baking cakes , I baked 12 caramel, 1 coconut and 6 pound cakes.  The garden jubilee is uptown tomorrow so it brings alot of traffic through market.
After lunch I took a vitamin D break and pulled weeds in the garden for the chickens. They are always grateful for a green snack during the hot afternoon. It was 86 degrees here today under bright sunshine.
A busy evening with chores and early cake icings so we could get things all ready to load so we can get an early start to get a good parking place at market.
Thanking God for His wonderful creations that give our eyes a glimpse of the beauty of our Heavenly home.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: