Wednesday, May 7, 2014

HOT BAKING DAY

G-son was into his lego construction this morning and almost made us late for school, or rather him late for school. I told him I wasn't the one who wouldn't have time to get  my "board work" done.
After chores and breakfast I walked and had my devotions before getting into the day's work.
This is a beautiful time to see the beautiful blooms of a mountain springtime.

I baked cakes, 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 6 pound cakes and had a late lunch.
I did housework until 2:00 then the sunshine beckoned me and won as I relaxed to the patio soaking up some vitamin D until it was time to pick up g-son from school.
He was anxious to get home to repair the lego structure he dropped just before we left this morning.
While he worked and ate his after school snack I did more house cleaning.  His mom came after him late because his dad was helping one of their friends put on a metal roof at his house along with several other of the young men from their group at church.
It has been another unseasonably hot day with a high around 87 degrees today. Thankfully there is a nice breeze.
They say one more day of the heat then we will be cooling off and getting some rain which we need desperately for our garden.
I spent the evening in paperwork for the week and icing my cakes before getting to bed feeling dog tired !!
Grateful to God for the strength He gives me each day and the love He shows in all His creations.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: