Wednesday, December 21, 2016

37th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND 1996 MEMORIES

Got an early start to this busy day. I started coughing a lot last night and took a dose of Nyquil before bedtime and that gave me a quiet full night of sleep so I'm ready to tackle  today's busy schedule.
After chores and breakfast I had a visitor for the day. G-son is feeling a bit under the weather and wanted to stay with me while his mom went errand running today.
He lazed around all day and said he felt better  by this afternoon so maybe he just needed some down time.
I baked cakes all morning, 6 coconut, 3 chocolate, 1 cherry chip, 3 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes. I was thankful that I got the 18 caramel cakes baked last night.
I finished my Christmas projects only to find out that Walgreens photo site is having problems and I will have to have them mailed to me so they will be "after" Christmas presents !!
After g-son left I did chores then did weekly paperwork and paid bills before icing cakes for the rest of the evening. I finished about midnight as usual.
A bright spot on this busy hectic day was these red roses hubbie appeared with this afternoon in honor of our 37th anniversary.   At our house I am always the one who forgets our anniversary !!
Thanks hubbie for the 37 years and the roses !!!
Back in December 1996 #2 son was playing middle school basketball as an 8th grader .
This was the Christmas tree that year , we always had live tress back then.
The kids in 1996 ,ages  #2 son - 13, daughter- 11,  #1 son-15 .......
Looks like they were happy with their gifts that year.


Even the 4-legged kid, Pepper got gifts !
It's funny when I look at these old pictures how I can actually remember more about the earlier Christmas's  than these teenage years ones ???   This makes me even more thankful for the photographs that cause me to think back to those times .
I think the memories of the later Christmas are harder to conger up because of all of us being more busy in these times.
Also by 1996 the kids had lost one of their grandmothers, my mother and their great grandmother, hubbie's grandmother and hubbie's mother their only living grandmother was disable with arthritis so all the Christmas trips were cut very short. We did get together with the  brothers but that was all the traveling we did.
The "E" winter storm formed today threatening a stormy Christmas for most of the northern states.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the birth of our dear Savior !
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas.










No comments: