Saturday, December 10, 2016

NEW RECIPES and A HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

BRRRRR !!!! Even colder this morning at 19 when I ventured out to do the chores before market. The ice on the water pans was much thicker today even though the wind isn't blowing so it feels warmer than yesterday.
A customer from up the road came by early to pick his cakes up and then we were off to market. Market was slow today making me super glad for the orders I had and a sale to one lady who took 4 caramel cakes for gifts.
I had visits from a couple friends to help pass the day . One of my friends brought me this gift and I am looking forward to making this Christmas Cornbread with the bag of cornbread mix she gave me !!!  Thank you very much Linda Maxwell !
She also brought me a little homemade fruitcake that tasted very good with the recipe for it but when I looked for mincemeat at Ingles and Aldi they were already sold out of it and didn't expect to get any more this season .

After market I stopped at Ingles and Aldi to pick up baking supplies and groceries. I made it home around 4:00 and rested a few minutes while drinking a cup of hot green tea.
We did chores a little early today before the cold sets back in. The high today was 43 but tonight is predicted to be another low 20's night.
Hubbie and all his followers !!!!!
Daughter felt better today and went along with her basketball team to watch a Clemson / Mercer basketball game. They had court side seats.

 She is second from right in the purple Clemson sweatshirt.
I'm glad she is feeling better today.
D-in-love made a trip to Ohio for a funeral today. She left yesterday with another couple from church and they are driving back tonight.
This is the church before the funeral started.
This is a story for a later post as I am still gathering my thoughts on this !!
Tonight was a snuggling with the 4-legged kids kind of evening . Dolly took up her favorite spot when I got up to get on the computer.
I also want to wish this special couple,#1 son and d-in-love a very happy 11th anniversary today !!

Thankful for the birth of our Savior tonight even more than usual in view of all that is going on in the world right now.
God Bless, Good Night and Merry Christmas.



No comments: