Wednesday, December 28, 2016

BACK TO THE ROUTINE

Up and out early this morning after a better night of sleep . I am still really stuffy but my coughing fits are slowing down thankfully.
After chores I sat out in the sunroom on this spring like morning with temps already reaching into the mid 50's and enjoyed a relaxing breakfast.
I want to enjoy this nice weather because the predictions for cold rain and even snow are in the forecast for later in the week.
I got out my laptop and called AT&T to get them to help me reset my IP address so I could get on the internet. Seems this is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 and all internet services. My desk top had this problem a couple weeks  ago but I couldn't remember how they told me to reset it.
The man I talked to was very nice and after 2 tries  we got it all cleared up and back on the internet.
I will need to use it at market as I know it will be very slow business and at least I can get some things done on the internet while I wait on customers.
I baked 3 caramel, 1 coconut and 1 pound cake for tomorrow which is probably too much but you never know about late Christmas celebrations and New Years get together that need cakes. I only have an order for one cake tomorrow but have 3 cakes already ordered for Saturday.
I called my friend / beautician and she said come on over anytime for a haircut. I like the way she styles my hair.
I came back home after a nice visit and decided to do some un-decorating. I got all my village put away, all the ornaments off the kitchen tree and most of the other decorations in there put away. I filled 2 of the plastic containers to wait for hubbie to help carry them to the shed.
These are my new ornaments for this year. We didn't go anywhere new and I didn't get any handmade ones but bought two of these and the tree with the verse on the card was given to me at the Deacon's dinner a couple weeks ago.
The little heart quilt replica that I bought to support the Hospice foundation reminded me of my home sewing days when the kids were young. I can't tell you how many of these little quilts I made with the 36 little hearts in the squares that looked exactly like this ornament.
This other ornament I also bought in a fundraiser to support our Heritage Museum in the county that houses all the historic papers and books for our area. This is a replica of our old county court house which is a museum of county history and artifacts now.
I did chores and then had to get back into a regular Wednesday night paperwork and bill paying plus cake icing routine for the last time this year.
I am very thankful for the blessings of this day and for the grace the Lord gives me each day.
God Bless, Good Night and Happy New Year.



1 comment:

linda m said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you and your family. I was in GA spending Christmas with my son and his family. Christmas Day the temps were around 70 degrees and we were outside in shorts. Huge difference from WI where I live. Hard to get back to my routine after having so much fun in GA. Blessings