Friday, March 24, 2017

BUSY FRIDAY

This  is a typical busy Friday morning beginning with chores, breakfast and devotions. I traded my walk time this morning in for a walk later today so I could start my baking earlier to finish before a 1:00 cake delivery time.
I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 2 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake. Funny story, I took the 2 pound cakes out of my upper oven and put in 2 pans of brownies. I set the timer for 30 minutes as usual and sat down to have a quick lunch. In just a few minutes I started smelling smoke and when I looked in the oven with the brownies they were burnt to a crisp and smoking almost on fire !!!!!  Yikes ! I have no idea why this oven heated so high and fast when I had just removed 2 perfectly cooked pound cakes from it and didn't change the 350 degree temp ??????
The chickens enjoyed the burned brownies and I had to wait for the bottom oven to reheat to cook another pan of brownies.
I will have to certainly watch the top oven next time I put anything in there to see what is going on.
I made it to my cake delivery at 1:00 and waited for 30 minutes on the customer who took a wrong turn on her way from Greenville,SC.
As I drove home I stopped at a yard sale on the way but didn't find anything I needed. It was a benefit sale and they had some nice clothing donated to sell but all the size tags had been cut out of the clothing ???? I hated to leave without spending anything so I picked up a set of Christmas placemats and napkins for $3 that I certainly don't need but it relieved my guilty feeling.
Back home I washed some dishes then took that delayed from the morning walk around the farm.
I came inside fixed a hot cup of green tea and relaxed with the 4-legged kids until hubbie came in from work.
We watched the early news and then did the chores. Our area is still in the severe drought as the growing season gets closer.

The forecast is for rain this weekend maybe even as much as an inch for our area, guess we'll wait and see.

We settled in for an evening of March madness as our UNC Tarheels defeated Butler to move into the elite eight.
I started icing my cakes after the game and didn't finish until almost midnight !
Thankful for another beautiful day and the undeserved blessings that God showers down.
God Bless and Good night.

No comments: