Saturday, March 11, 2017

MARCH SNOW BEGINS

A more wintry feeling morning today as I do chores and get ready for market.
The clouds are low and the air has that still "snow is coming" feel .
We made it to market on time this morning and I had a pretty good sales day. Folks were getting sweet treats to have with their hot drinks for a snowy evening !!!
Hubbie did all our shopping on his way home before noon as the snow flakes were already flying around in town.
Nothing sticking to anything yet but snow always makes me a little nervous when I am away from home.
As I got ready to leave market at 2:00 the snow was getting pretty heavy. And the distant mountains were invisible in a veil of white.
As I drove home the snow stopped and hubbie helped me unload and get things all put away before we relaxed for the afternoon to wait for the promised white stuff.
At chore time it was already in the 30's and reminded us that winter is not over as we pulled on the heavy coveralls and boots.
The snow started falling about 7pm right on the predicted schedule and it hasn't let up all evening.
 The forecast all pretty much agree now that we will get all snow.
The winter storm that is bringing us this snow and maybe the most snow and blizzard conditions of the season to the northeast is named Stella.
Hubbie and I settled in the warm house while the snowflakes flew outside and watched the ACC championship between Duke / Notre Dame tonight which Duke won. At least an NC team took the title.
Snow is still falling now and we are setting the clocks up, yuck, to begin daylight savings time !!!
This is the sentiment of many folks tonight in the path of this storm.
 When I looked out the bedroom window just before I got into bed the snow looks like it has a good start.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the love of a wonderful Savior.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: