Monday, March 27, 2017


An early wake up call from d-in-love as she brought g-daughter by around 7am. Hubbie got up to meet her but I still couldn't get back to sleep.
After I did the morning chores I had my breakfast and then we all took a ride to Southern States to get chicken feed. I added my first bag of chick starter this time even though no chicks have hatched yet. The red silkie hen has been sitting on a dozen silkie eggs for 21 days today but no signs of hatching yet. I am worried about her because of all the cold nights she had to set through.
Back home with all the feed put up hubbie and g-daughter stayed outside to swing awhile and I came inside to get the weekly laundry started.
We had lunch at noon but g-daughter would only eat a couple slices of cheese. She is not feeling her usual self today for some reason.
After lunch I striped our bed and took the sheets downstairs to add to the laundry list for today.
Hubbie got g-daughter to take a short hour nap this afternoon so I did some work downstairs to keep the noise down.
After she woke up she felt much better and was ready to play. We sat out in the sunroom and watched a shower of rain move in and g-daughter enjoyed playing.

These boots are way too big but she loved wearing them.

After d-in-love picked her up hubbie and I watched the news then did chores a bit early to beat the rain that was headed toward our area.
I emptied about 1/10ths inch from the shower last night and the shower this afternoon so we haven't gotten much rain at all yet from this front that is moving through.
These two probably don't have much more time together as Dolly is having another bout with her stomach and is passing a lot of blood.
The vet doesn't want to do any testing on her in her fragile and aged condition so we are watching her to make sure she doesn't get in any pain and doesn't get too uncomfortable. If she does we will have to have her put down but so far she acts fine and even has eaten quite a bit today without passing much blood. We are just leaving it up to God to take her when He thinks best. I know Bernie will miss her and with his enlarged heart we were not expecting Dolly would be the first to go and who knows she may come out of this and out live him , only God knows!
After chores we had supper then I worked on getting the 20th volume of my blog book downloaded and sent to the publisher. It is the last 3 months of 2016. I am thinking I will try to get four months in the next volume .
I am writing this post on my lap top while the book downloads on my desktop, seems it is taking forever !!!
Thankful for all the blessings of this day and looking forward to tomorrow to see where God leads me.
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

So sorry to hear Dolly isn't doing well again. It will be a sad day when she is gone and I know she will be missed. Blessings