Friday, March 3, 2017

WINTER AGAIN FRIDAY

Brrrrr !!! compared to almost the entire month of February's weather the 28 degrees this morning feels cold . I did chores and all the animals looked like they agreed when the cold wind hit them as soon as they came out of their warm overnight houses.
The hens are appreciative of their daily serving of Kale greens now. We have enjoyed these greens all winter but there is so many more than we need and they are starting to get tough and losing their flavor so the chickens will benefit.

As I head out on a cold walk this morning it looks like the plum trees survived the upper 20's but the coldest temps are still to come over the next two nights.
It is a beautiful clear cold morning !!

Back inside I had devotions and then started baking. I baked 3 caramel, 1 chocolate layer cake, 5 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake plus 2 pans of brownies. I only have 1 order for 1 cake tomorrow so who knows what the colder temps will do to business.
I had a late lunch then got started on my March goal of catching my sewing crafts up at market by sewing up one thing each day. I still have a small stack of things already cut out laying beside my machine and this little girl's Christmas apron was on top of the stack. I just didn't have time to get it made before Christmas this year but it will be ready for next Christmas !!!
I had time for a few minutes of rest before hubbie came in from work and we got chores started.
After supper I iced cakes for the evening and got things ready for market.
The wood stove fire felt good again tonight as the temp at 11:00 is 35 headed for the low 20's tonight.
The blueberry bushes got their blanket cover-ups again tonight in hopes of saving the berries.
Thankful for the blessings of today .
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: