Wednesday, August 12, 2009

RAINY , EXTRA COOL AUGUST DAY

Woke to rain blowing against the window this morning.After regular chores I spent some time on the phone lining up some plumbers for bids on our job.Then I decided to take advantage of the 65 degree temps and work in my sewing shop.I needed to finish some doll cloths for a red riding hood doll and needed to make some more aprons for a church group in town who sponsors a "Feed the Kids" program,I made 25 aprons for them in May and June,they furnished the material and when I tried to give back what was left they said just to make more aprons.I have been so busy I just haven't had time so I made 5 more aprons today for them.
It was lunch time when I finished sewing,after a salad and sandwich I started laundry and housework.It has stopped raining but is still cloudy and cool outside about 76 now,pretty cool for August.I took 2 cake orders for Saturday,1 for 6 cakes.
While my freshly mopped floors dried I went in my office and payed bills for the week.My friend called and said my Avon order just came about 3:00 so I went to pick it up,I bagged it as soon as I got home and stamped all my books for delivery.Hubbie came in while I was working on this and started frying the okra he cut yesterday,we had baked chicken and tomatoes to go with it for supper and a biscuit with some of daughters black&blue berry jam for dessert.
He went to spray more fungicide on the beans and I went walking with the dogs to check the fence and waterhole, everything was fine..This is Annie keeping a watchful eye out for me, this isn't the picture I wanted as right before I took this one she stood up on her hind legs to see above the tall grass but I missed that one.She is my constant companion around the farm.
I came back in and rested for 30 minutes before it was time to start icing cakes,I iced 12 caramels,4 chocolates, 2 coconuts tonight.
Tomorrow afternoon will sure be alot easier if I can get left early enough in the morning to make 1 Avon delivery on the way to market,that's my plan so I'm off to bath and bed now.GOD BLESS and good night.

No comments: