Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Up and out early on my Avon route this morning,all deliveries went well except 2 ladies were not home today.I went by the P.O. to mail another sympathy card to another friend who lost her mother and went by a daycare where the daughter of one of my Avon customers works to sadly deliver a watch her mother had ordered for her and did not live long enough(cancer) to give it to her.I kinda dreaded this because I didn't want to upset her at work,but she didn't get to upset and just hugged me and tried to pay for the watch,but money just isn't important sometimes(to me anyway).I considered her mother like I do most of my customers a good friend.
I made it home at 12:00 and had a salad for lunch with daughter who is getting ready for a job interview,after working all night and she has to work again tonight.While she was gone I started moving things from under the waterlines in the basement,I could only work until she got back because she has to go back to bed and try to get some more sleep.I worry about her driving home in the mornings.I used to work swing shifts when I was about her age and after 3rd shift one morning I woke up in town and had no memory of how I drove there,it was a scary feeling.I also recall a co-worker who was driving quite a long distance home that went to sleep at the wheel and had a terrible accident and was killed.I can't help but think of all this every time she works at night.I can just pray for God to be with her.I hope she gets this other job and there will be no night work.
After she went back to bed I went to the garden and picked beans and tomatoes,I don't think we've ever had this many tomatoes they must love this weather we're having.The beans aren't looking so good I didn't get as many as I thought I would,but I need some for a supper we are serving at church tomorrow night for the friend who's mother died and her family.While I was in the garden d-in-love called and wants to go pick up her chickens today when hubbie gets home.I came in and called and set up another appointment with a well driller for Thursday evening.
Hubbie and d-in-love arrived about the same time and we all went in his big truck to pick out the chickens,she got 2 barred rock,2 rhode island reds,when we put them in her lot and gave them feed and water they ate and drank like they had been there all their lives so I think they will do nicely for her as they are tame enough and don't mind being picked up and petted,g-son just wanted to play in their house.
My walk today felt more like a swim as it is really humid again,daughter came down and we walked and had a nice chat while I walked my last round.She is really fed up with her job. Hubbie was eating a sandwich when we got back so we rustled us up something for supper as well,then she went back to lay down again before her 1 am shift starts.
Hubbie is going to break my beans while I bake my cakes tonight.I had 48 layers to bake tonight,it is 11:45 and I am waiting to take the last batch out of the oven. Hubbie got all the beans broke about 10:30 and went to bed,he has to get up at 5 am.I have one of those mile long to do list for tomorrow,I guess the best part of that is there won't be time for much of my regular housework(so sad) but I'm sure it will wait for me until next time.There goes the timer for the last layers and here I go off to take a bath and get to bed. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.Good Night.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

heard she got the job :) YAY!