Friday, January 14, 2011

BRIDE AND GROOM OF MT. PISGAH

Up early this morning,brrrrrr ,it is 4 degrees outside !
Hurried through the chores,putting enough water out and hoping everyone got a drink before it froze.
Have a doctor's check-up this morning with my Ob/GYN and the news wasn't good. I need a major surgery,but he is offering one other option we will explore in about 10 days,praying that this option works and I can at least postpone the surgery.
Sitting in the exam room I looked out the window and was astonished to be looking right at the Bride and Groom of Mt. Pisgah.

If you have been reading my blog long you will remember last year during the snowy winter I did a post on this legend.
It goes like this, long ago there was a young couple who fell helplessly in love, but the girl's father would not give his permission for them to marry. So they planned to run away and marry without his blessing. As they stole away on one dark snowy night he awakened and threatened to shoot the young man. They ran holding on to one another, with the father close on their heals they headed up on Pisgah through the snow. Losing their footing on a steep icy ledge they plunged to their death below. The grieving father found them and knew he had caused their death.
Each winter outlined in the snow and rime ice the Groom in his top hat(left) and the bride with her long wedding dress train curling down behind her (right) stand waiting on the side on the mountain to be joined in marriage. Click on the picture and see if you can see the images come to life.

I couldn't believe the view they had from the doctors office which is up on a hill and after I told him about it he called several nurses in for me to show them.
I left the office about lunchtime and headed home. The thermometer in the van now said 18 degrees.
As I crossed over the creek that runs by our farm I noticed it was frozen over,you hardly ever see that.
After lunch I headed to church to work but the heating/air people were there with tools spread out so I went to Walmart instead. I needed some storage containers they have on sale after Christmas.Thankfully the roads are mostly clear and even our driveway is getting there.
With market closed tomorrow I will clean church tomorrow,I need something to do anyway in the morning as it seems very strange to not be at market.Made a tentative ID on my mystery bird. By looking up yellow-eyed birds I discovered I may have a Rusty Blackbird. They do winter in this area and this one has the shape and posture of the Red-Winged Blackbirds.Giving me "that look" .
I rested this evening even through the cleaning still isn't getting done. Shame on me but I needed this.
I turned my Avon order in tonight ,as it seems nothing got done at the Avon place in Atlanta this past week because of the weather and apparently there was a lot of internet outage .
This evening when I went out to do the chores I looked at the glorious sunset and prayed for God's grace on our crazy world right now.As I stared into this magnificent sky painted by the hand of God alone all the worries of the day and the madness of the world just seemed to melt away along with the sun as I watched it's glow slowly shrink below the horizon.
Good Night and God Bless.

4 comments:

Carole Barkett said...

nice post and beautiful photos we do need his grace. my thoughts and prayers with you and your health.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, So sorry to hear about your possible surgery... I had a hysterectomy when I was about 38--and it was the best thing I ever had done. I had had alot of trouble up to that point... Hope yours won't be as bad as you think it might be... If you need it, do it...

Great pictures of the sunset and of Mr. Pisgah.. I remember you telling that legend last year.

Take care.
Hugs,
Betsy

NCmountainwoman said...

I had never heard the legend of the Mt. Pisgah Bride and Groom.

Here's hoping that the option works. I'll be thinking of you.

yanmaneee said...

adidas tubular shadow
lebron 17 shoes
yeezy shoes
timberland boots
longchamp handbags
canada goose jacket
lebron 17 shoes
russell westbrook shoes
kyrie 6 shoes
supreme clothing