Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW, SNOW AND MORE SNOW !!

Well it is here and has been for awhile from the pile of snow we have already on the ground this morning.
As I fed the chickens and other animals with the snow hammering my face,I didn't blame them for wanting their food inside their warm house today. Nothing wanted to venture out into the almost 8" of snow already on the ground and more coming.
This measurement was taken around 10 am and I'm sure we got more as it snowed all day but it got to dark to get a picture of the stick before I thought of it.
Take my word for it we have more than our fair share of snow on the ground now.
This is the road that goes by our place,they are saying on the news that it maybe Thursday before they get around to scraping all the secondary roads because of the continually falling snow.Our tractor wouldn't start this morning in the cold so #1 son had to do the scraping duty today with his track hoe. He was sliding all over the place but got some of the snow off the drive before more falls tonight.This female Towhee checks out the new feeder I got for Christmas.
It's been a good bird watching day as no one wanted to even play out in all the falling snow today.This Chickadee had no problem figuring out how to eat at the feeder.The hole was just the right size for her head.
It was a good day to get started on my winter spring cleaning. I got the living room done except I wanted to wash the big rug in the middle of the floor and haven't gotten that done yet.
As I'm doing evening chores the snow is still falling and the temperature is starting to drop. It has been 30 all day.
I should have sent an Avon order in today but with no internet that didn't happen. I'll have to call my customers and get their products on next campaign.
I got my 1970's pictures organized tonight but I'm not sure exactly how I want to store them or in what,guess I'll figure that out as I go along in some of the decades that have a whole bunch of pics.
It is 25 degrees at 11:30 and still blowing snow around out there tonight.
Still no internet tonight.
Thanking God for the blessings of the beauty of the snow.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I feel for you!!! I agree that is too much snow. About two inches here and that is all I want to see.

Stay warm and safe.