Sunday, August 14, 2011

MUST HAVE BEEN OUR TURN !!!!

WOW !!!! We got our turn for a whole lot of rain in a short time early this morning. About 2 am thunder woke us up and the sound of rain pounding on the roof kept us awake for a little while . Then with the thunder moving into the distance and the rain slacking I went right back to sleep.
I could hardly believe my eyes this morning when I saw the ruts washed in the driveway and the 2 1/2 inches of rain in the rain gauge. Hubbie said he thought it only rained for about 30 minutes ! That was a lot of water in that short time for sure.
Church was special this morning as we had a small congregation from another church join our service.
After church we fixed lunch for everyone except #2 son who is playing golf today.
We went over to see what was left at the estate sale to be 1/2 off.
#1 son got an exercise bike for $10, daughter got a couple vases for $2 and I got the feathered rooster I looked at Friday and a rain stick.
She had a lot of things left that hadn't sold this time,more than I've noticed before.
I thought he prices were climbing a little bit from the first 2 sales.

Hubbie and I made a stop at Walmart and Sam's Club on our way home.

Clouds came up and it looked like we were going to get another storm but it passed and the sun came back out later this evening.
We sat out in the patio and relaxed most of the evening.

After chores were done tonight I decided to get started on volume 3 of my blog books.
I love the first 2 and the kids are already enjoying reading them.
I got everything downloaded and got near the end of August 2010 editing before I stopped tonight.

Grateful to God tonight for a wonderful peaceful Sunday filled with family and His love.

Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Everybody seems to be getting rain except us... We haven't had much at all for several weeks. We're getting desperate. The rain seems to go all around us.

I didn't blog over the weekend much--so don't know if your daughter got her house or not. Please update. Hope she did.. Bless her heart. What a mess!

Hugs,
Betsy