Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ANOTHER BENEVOLENCE LUNCH AT CHURCH

Another cool wonderful morning as I did my chores even the animals seemed to have more energy.
After I ate a quick breakfast I took my morning walk even with all the things on my list to do today. This walk seems to improve my energy level throughout the day.
I noticed the Queen of the Meadow has started to bloom along the creek bank.I also noticed the Hazelnut trees are loaded with nuts this year .Could mother nature be announcing a bitter winter season !!I think these are a little early this year.
Our weather has been so crazy I think it has a lot of things confused. All the apples are at least a week ahead of schedule this year.
After my walk I hung out a load of towels ,started another laundry load and iced 6 caramel cakes.
Housecleaning is going to take a hit today because of the benevolence lunch I'm helping host at church today.
I fixed the food and headed up there at noon. The funeral is in town at 11:00 and then the burial is on the other side of town, so we are thinking we'll be serving around 1:00.
We think between 25-30 people in this family and we have plenty of food.
At 1:15 the Pastor was asking the blessing so we were close with our time prediction.
The family ate and visited and had a nice fellowship with each other.
I got home around 3:00 after everything was cleaned and put away.
Daughter was here baking ,she said our Congressman's office had contacted HUD this morning and all of a sudden this afternoon they were ready to close on the house. She still has to wait on her re-application for her grant money so they gave her a free extension until Sept.15. Hopefully everything will come together before that.
It is a shame that it actually takes an act of congress to get things moving sometimes.
I did more laundry and cleaned the bathrooms this afternoon as that was it for my housework today.
After chores this evening Hubbie and I sat outside on the patio enjoying the cool fresh air. It feels so good he said maybe we should move our bed outside to sleep tonight.
Yea, we would definitely need a bug net over it for sure !!
I iced 6 more caramel cakes tonight. This way of doing things is making it easier on me .
After I get all the cakes baked I have 2 days to get everything iced. Icing takes longer than baking them actually so doing it in 4 parts makes it easier on my back.
I'm finished again tonight at 10:30 and waiting for the news as I type this.
Hubbie fried some potato slices with onions for supper tonight and the pains in my chest are telling me I shouldn't have eaten those greasy potatoes,but they were good !!
I've had a couple hand fulls of almonds and I'm hoping that will take care of my heart burn so I can sleep.

God has blessed me so faithfully,I love him so much.
Good Night and God Bless.

4 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Another sign of a bitter cold winter is seeing tons of cobwebs clinging to our ground covers in our yard. They say if you see alot of them, that it will be a very cold winter... Hmmmm---guess we'll have to wait and see.. BUT--nature does tell us!!!!

Have a great day tomorrow.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Wonderful news that things are finally moving for your daughter. I'm not sure that I wouldn't have given up.

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

I am so loving the cooler weather and getting so many things done outside. I am sure there will be at least one more spurt of hot, humid weather but at least fall is in sight. Have a very blessed day!

jeanlivingsimple said...

I'm having to play catch-up.
You have a very busy life. Hope you got to sleep.My doc put me on heartburn meds and I can finally sleep. Blessings to you and your family.