Tuesday, August 9, 2011

COOL MOUNTAIN MORNING

Wow,what a difference in the feel of the air this morning. After chores I went for a long walk and soaked up this cool breezy morning sunshine.
The pasture across the road has become a Chicory field in the absence of any cows.


Chicory blossoms are so blue and pretty but as soon as the sun becomes a little warmer they fold away until tomorrow morning.
I noticed these pretty white Morning Glories in full bloom in the morning coolness.
Also noticed the very magical useful Jewel Weed is starting to bloom. This plant is very useful in getting rid of poison ivy as well as having these dainty little orange pitcher shaped blooms.
As I slowly made my way back to the house I breathed in the nice cool mountain air as I thanked God for living in these mountains.
I started a load of laundry before icing 6 caramel cakes. I hung a load of towels out on the clothesline as daughter came up with paint and brushes to start working on some of the things she has bought for her house.
She doesn't know what is going to happen yet with the address thing. Seems everyone is now all right with it except the seller!! HUH !!!!
Sounds to me like they don't want to sell the house.
I did housework between 5 loads of laundry all morning. After lunch there was more housework to do.
After taking a short break I boxed up one of my roosters for a friend of hubbie's who just inherited his father's hens.
The temperature today has been 89 all evening,at least the 9 is the second number today.
As the day ended it was cool enough to sit in the outside patio this evening and enjoy the sounds of approaching nighttime.
#1 son came by and said he is going to start helping his friends family in their apple orchard and g-son will be staying with me probably 5 days a week.
Hubbie and I had a light summer time supper tonight of okra and tomatoes and an ear of corn. I love summer garden time !!!
Tonight I iced 12 caramel cakes so daughter can have the kitchen in the morning.
Here is a photo of daughter and me that was posted on our church website from last week at Bible School.
Thankful for my Heavenly Father !!!
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Schools started here today.. When do they start there? Is you g-son in Kind. this year? Or--maybe he's just 4.

Love that picture... Glad VBS was so successful.

Glad your son has some work. I'm sure he's glad to be able to do things again.

We had a tiny bit of rain today --but not much. BUT--it is cooler. Yeah!
Hugs,
Betsy