Thursday, August 11, 2011

QUICKLY PASSING SUMMERTIME

Didn't sleep well last night,I started thinking about daughter's house deal and got aggravated and then it took me a long time to slow my mind down enough to relax and go to sleep.Any way market day dawned sunny and warm so up and at it for me . Daughter helped load the van and then followed me to market. We both stayed surprisingly busy after a slow start and ended up having a very good day. I know the time is drawing near for a slow down in market traffic so we are very thankful for all the good days.
Daughter and I visited with some kids and their mom that had been in our Bible School class after market. They were set up in the parking lot selling baby chicks. They were Arucana or Americana which lay blue eggs. I would like to have a few of these but these didn't look so good to me.
I have a white Silkie hen setting again and it has been so hot she's not laying eggs and neither are any of the other silkies. I get 1 or 2 eggs every other day form my big layers so unless I can find some fertilized eggs from some one else she will set for nothing. I am really surprised that she isn't laying eggs and is still setting.
I went to the bank after market and while talking to the teller who is a friend of mine I was reminded that Apple festival is only a couple weeks away,my where has this summer gone??
After finishing all my shopping and errands I headed home in the misty rain and when I got here daughter and I delayed unloading while we waited for the rain to stop. It wasn't much only about 1/10 if an inch, but like I said before, it sure beats nothing.
I took advantage of the dreary afternoon when we got the van unloaded and hit the couch with my 4-legged kids who were grateful to join me in a breif nap while I was trying to watch the news.
A relaxed peaceful evening has really got me kind of looking forward to cooler weather and a slow down of activity that comes with it.

I fed the chickens some corn as I always do in the evenings and took the time just to watch and enjoy their antics for a little while. I need to band some of the younger ones who are growing so fast it is hard now to tell them from the older ones. Hopefully with hubbie's help in the morning we can do it as they come out of the roosting box.
I am sitting out in the sunroom now typing this on my laptop and waiting for darkness to settle in. It is 8:00 and I was just thinking how amazing it seems only yesterday that it wouldn't be this dark until almost 9:00. Time has a way of passing me by sometimes. School starts back next week,Labor day is just around the corner ,the garden is coming to an end and it seems to me we just planted it !!!
Life has a way of happening with or without our participation, I have a sign at market above my table that reads "I USED TO HAVE A HANDLE ON LIFE BUT IT BROKE!" and that is so true of how I'm feeling right now.Maybe it's age or maybe it's my busy schedule but I keep wondering indeed, where this summer has gone.
However I'm so thankful to God for a much better summer than last years.
After the short rain this evening the sunset was glorious.#2 son came up tonight to get a haircut from Hubbie.
Daughter is re-upholstering a couple chairs she bought. My mother-in-law did a lot of upholstering and we have all her tools. I think daughter did a very good job for the first time.
I baked 24 cake layers,4 pound cakes and 2 wine cakes tonight for Saturday's market day.
Thanking God for all the blessings of his day.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Hidden Haven Homestead said...

Like you every drop of rain is very appreciated around here. The temps are still in the 90's but at least in the low 90's now. I am so looking forward to fall and winter. Such a peaceful and content time of year, not to mention no heat and humidity. LOL Have a very blessed weekend!

NCmountainwoman said...

Where has the summer gone? I can't believe September is fast approaching. Hope your son's knee has healed without any problem. I do remember last summer's nightmare for him.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I agree that Summer has flown by this year. Since we were gone most of June, that made the summer faster here. I am glad that it's almost over though since I do not like hot weather....

Hope your daughter gets her home--after all of the red tape and hassle she has gone through.
Hugs,
Betsy