Wednesday, August 31, 2011

AUGUST GOES OUT LIKE A LAMB !!

The temperature is rising again this morning ,the rising humidity level has the grass wet with heavy dew and as I finish my walk both of these are contributing to the sweat that is dripping from my chin !!!
I did find some beauty as I walked.Little butterflies were everywhere feasting on the nectar of the late summer blossoms.
We had the high winds from the hurricane last weekend and this thankfully was vacated before it blew out of the tree.
Lately I've been looking for 2 of my favorite wild flowers and this morning I found one of them. This Cardinal flower is so colorful.
I'm still looking for Ironwood flowers that I see this time of year.
I finished icing caramel cakes this morning between the extra loads of month end laundry and floor cleaning.
I went outside and swept off all the porches and patios,enjoying the hot sunshine and feeling like it is August even if it is the last day. Maybe the end of dog days means the end of the high heat of this summer.
Sadly I lost one of the latest hatch of chicks today, it never looked quite right and another one isn't looking to well either. I think it was too hot while the hen was setting.
I can't believe August is over,signaling hopefully cooler weather, the end of the garden season and a slow down in my business.
August started out busy with a week of Bible School, market has been very busy this month and I feel like I have carried 1000 gallons of water trying to keep my potted plants alive while we have had little rain. I started morning walks and have been enjoying the quite start to each day except market and church days.
We turned the air conditioning off about a week ago and are hoping not to have to turn it back on until next year. Temperatures are mostly staying in the low 80's with nights around 60.
Our fall garden is in the ground and we are still getting tomatoes, green beans and a few squash and cucumbers. The pears are ripening and neighbors apples are getting ripe.
My preserving season is winding down.
Daughter has spent the month in turmoil trying to close on her house and hopefully tomorrow is the day. I'll believe it when I see it.
We have had an earthquake and a hurricane from which a bunch of states including NC are still recovering , her name was Irene and she will go down as one of the most costly hurricanes in history,42 people died, more than 7 billion dollars.
G-son started transitional kindergarten and got his first case of strep throat.
D-in-love's dad had a stroke and has just got home from the hospital.
Our extended family grew by one this month as on the 19th we were blessed with another great nephew from hubbie's brother's son and wife.
And most important of all I am thankful that God saw fit to bless me with another month of life and blessings only He can give.

Tonight #1 son came by to get one of my coconut cakes to take to his work tomorrow to make up for burning their hamburgers on the grill today when he got busy and forgot to watch them.
Daughter baked and I iced another coconut for market tomorrow.
As another month comes to an end I'm very grateful for the Lords love and guidance during August 2011.
Good Night and God Bless.


2 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

I am so looking forward to fall and winter this year.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I too am looking forward to Fall... It's gotten hot here again this week.. Had to turn the AC back on. But they say that next week will be cooler.. I hope so.

We haven't had rain since the end of June ---and everything is brown and dry here. Looks like October --but with HEAT.

Hugs,
Betsy