Friday, August 5, 2011

BIBLE SCHOOL COMMENCEMENT

This morning gave hope for rain with all the clouds so early in the day ,but it was not our turn for the rain. With limited sunshine at least the temperature stayed in the low 80's all day.
I spent the morning baking cakes, 32 layers , 3 pound and 2 wine cakes. I finished just after lunch.
I had 2 Avon deliveries that I have been putting off until I get rid of my cold because they are both elderly ladies and I did not want to give them the gift of my cold. I took their Avon orders to them this afternoon.
#1 son and g-son came by and helped Hubbie and me unload a desk someone gave me out of his truck so he can take daughter's frig and some shelves to her house tomorrow.
Son's doctor told him he wanted to wait 2 more weeks before he completely got off his crutches. G-son was feeling better today.
Bible School commencement was tonight.
This was most of the kids who came tonight.


We met all the parents of our class tonight and hope to get some of them in Sunday school.


Pastor in his monkey suit hat.



G-son taking it all in during the commencement which was followed by a hot dog supper.
I skipped out on Hubbie and daughter ,leaving them to clean our classroom while I came home to ice the cakes I baked this morning.
Before I iced cakes I carried water to all my potted plants ,giving up on our chance of any rain today.
Finished icing by 10:30 tonight with my early start so after listening to the news I'll get an early bedtime.
Another Bible School week is in the books and it was a good one,4 young lives were given to Christ this week making all the work well worth it.
May God get all the glory !!
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You must have a fantastic oven with all the cakes you bake all the time! Sounds like a very busy day, you must be so tired by night time! :D

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Looks like VBS was another huge hit at your church... God Bless all of you who worked with those sweet little kids.

We were back in your neck of the woods --but again, it was a quickie and busy trip...Had a great time... One of these days we will schedule in a trip to Hendersonville to see YOU.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks.

My blog:
rachat credit particulier www.rachatdecredit.net